Get ready for Spring with these adorable Winnie the Pooh Sugar Cookies!
They are sweet, colorful and most importantly super tasty! They are inspired by the Tsum Tsum version of Pooh and featuring pastel colors that makes them perfect for the Springtime.
So spend a day having fun baking with your family and decorating these cookies that everyone will love!
WINNIE THE POOH SUGAR COOKIES
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 3 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Dash of salt
- Rolling pin
- Circular cookie cutter
- Parchment paper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 3 cups of powdered sugar (as needed)
- 2 tsp of milk (as needed)
- Red, blue, yellow and green food coloring
- Sandwich bags
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine softened butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in another bowl. Mix well.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet, stirring as you pour. If you need to, use your hands to finish mixing the dough together.
- Roll the dough onto a well floured surface.
- Use cookie cutter to create circles, and then transfer them onto a baking sheet.
- Bake cookie for 6-8 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for 1-2 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Prepare the icing. Combine 2 egg whites and vanilla in a large bowl. Add powdered sugar (about 1/2 cup at a time). Starting with egg whites helps better manage the consistency of your icing. It if becomes too stiff, add a little bit of milk (1/2 tsp at a time) to make it smoother. For this recipe, the icing should be on the stiff side so it doesn’t run too much.
- Divide the icing into 3 equal parts. Add pale yellow food coloring to one bag, light pink food coloring to the second bag, and light teal food coloring to the third bag.
- Pour 2/3 of each mixture into a sandwich bag.
- Add more food coloring to the remaining icing, and then pour into three separate storage bags.
- Once the cookies have cooled, begin piping the icing onto the cookies. To turn the storage bags into piping bags, use scissors to trim off a small corner of a storage bag.
- Apply a coat of the lighter shade of yellow onto a few cookies in the Tsum Tsum shape. Repeat with the lighter pink and lighter teal.
- Place the cookies in the freezer for a few minutes so the icing sets. This will ensure that the darker colors won’t blend.
- Remove the cookies from the freezer. Pipe Winnie the Pooh’s facial features onto each cookie with the darker shade of yellow, pink and teal. Remember, practice makes perfect!
Credit: Disney Family