Halloween is starting to materialize, so start working on that decor with this Grim Grinning Garland DIY!
Inspired by the famous “Tomb Sweet Tomb” and the iconic Haunted Mansion eyes pattern we all know and love, this garland is perfect to decorate your home with some spooky Disney magic.
Making it is super fun and easy, all the family can help! Just take a look at the supplies list and instructions from Disney Parks and start crafting!:
GRIM GRINNING GARLAND
- Foam and bristle paintbrushes
- Purple, white and black acrylic paint
- 1.5″ wood beads (around 50)
- Black twine
- White gel pen/ paint pen
- Craft knife
- Cutting mat or board
- Air dry clay
- Bamboo skewer/ toothpick
- Something to roll out the clay like a jar, dowel or rolling pin
- Paint your wood beads a spooky shade of purple and let them dry.
- To make the tombstones, take a chunk of air dry clay and roll it out to about 1/4″ thickness. Use a toothpick to draw different tombstones all over the surface. Carefully, use a craft knife to cut out the shapes.
- Use a toothpick to draw “Tomb Sweet Tomb” and decorative shapes all over the stone. Get creative – add cracks and other wear and teat onto the clay. When you are done, use a bamboo skewer to poke a whole completely through the clay at the top. Make sure it’s at least 1/8″ from the edge. Let dry completely.
- When the beads are dry, use a white paint pen or a white gel pen and draw sinister eyes randomly over the surface. Use different sizes for variation.
- When the clay is dry, fill in all cracks and letters with black paint. Mix together various shades of gray using the white and black paint and add. Experiment using different brushes to add texture and decay onto the surface of the tombstone.
- Thread the beads through the twine and use that as a guide to cut your length. Add 5″ of twine to each end of your garland and use that to tie the loops to hang the garland. Cut off any excess twine.
- Evenly distribute the tombstone along the garland and use more twine to attach them. Hang up your Grim Grinning Garland and enjoy!
Credit: Disney Parks
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!