Looking for some magical holiday decor? What about these Mickey and Minnie Candy Jar Centerpieces!
These adorable centerpieces are perfect to add a touch of Disney magic to your home this holiday season, plus they are super easy to make and the whole family can help.
You can even have little contest with your family and friends and see who can guess how many candies are in one of the jars!
MICKEY AND MINNIE CANDY JAR CENTERPIECES
- 3 regular pedestal jars with lids
- Painter’s tape
- Red, green and gold spray paint
- Chalk or marker
- Hot glue gun
- Red and white polka dot ribbon
- Christmas ribbon
- Green garland, gold tinsel, holly leaves, red foil bows
- Holiday candies and candy canes
- Small red, green and gold ornaments
- Separate the glass, bases and lids of three regular pedestal jars. If the jars do not separate from the bases, cover the glass with painter’s tape. Set the bases and lids on sheets of old newspaper and spray one matching base and lid with red, one with gold and one with green paint. Let the paint dry, then remove the tape if you used it.
- Trace around a circular object with chalk six times on a piece of black foam to create three pairs of mouse. A cake plate or round coaster should be ideal but choose an item to trace that’s an appropriate size for your pedestal jars. Cut out the ears shapes with scissors.
- Reassemble the glass, bases and lids of the pedestal jars. Apply a 2-3 inch line of hot glue along the inner edge of one of the mouse ears and immediately press it onto the glass part of one of the jars so that it sticks out to the left. Hold the ear in place with your fingers until the glue has dried. Glue a second ear so that it sticks out at the right side of the jar in the same manner. Repeat this for the two other jars.
- Draw two small ovals on white foam to resemble Mickey’s buttons. Cut them out and glue them to the front of the red pedestal jar base, about 1 inch apart. The red base should now resemble Mickey’s shorts.
- Tie pieces of red and white polka dot ribbon around the handles on top of the green and gold pedestal jar lids to resemble Minnie’s bow.
- Wrap strands of green garland around the bases of the jars. Arrange other festive decorations, such as strands of gold tinsel, holly leaves and red foil bows, around the bases of the jars. Glue these decorations in place if necessary.
- Arrange the three Mickey and Minnie Candy jar centerpieces in the middle of the dinner table as pieces that becomes a party game for the family. Fill one with a small red, gold and green ornaments. Fill the other two jars with red and green candies and candy canes. Count the candies as you put them in the jar and make a secret note of the total number.
- Have every member of the family guess how many candies there are in the middle jar. Whoever is the closest to the correct number wins the centerpiece full of candy.
Have fun with your Mickey and Minnie candy jar centerpieces! Happy Holidays!
Credit: Disney Family
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!