We have the perfect treat for this holiday season, Mickey Gingerbread Beignets!
Add a touch of holiday magic to your regular beignets with a famous Christmas flavor! And to make them even better, you can have them with some eggnog creme anglaise, so good.
Follow this recipe from Disney Parks and surprise your family with some tasty Christmas snacks this season!
MICKEY GINGERBREAD BEIGNETS
- 1 cup of evaporated milk, heated until warm but not hot
- 1 envelope dry active yeast
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup of molasses
- 2 tbsp plus 1/4 cup of sugar, divided
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp plus 1 tsp of ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp of ground cloves
- 1/3 cup of shortening
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
Eggnog Creme Anglaise
- 2 cups of eggnog
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon (optional)
- For Mickey Gingerbread Beignets: Combine evaporated milk and yeast in a large bowl; add egg, molasses, 2 tbsp of sugar, and vegetable oil. Stir until yeast dissolves and mixture is combined.
- Sift together 4 cups of flour, salt, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves in a medium bowl.
- Add half of flour mixture to milk mixture. Mix well.
- Add shortening, blending until combined, the add remaining flour mixture. Knead until mixture comes together, adding remaining 1/2 cup of flour, a bit at a time, if needed. Form dough into ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- On a floured board, roll dough to 1/3 inch thickness. Cut into 24 squares. Cover with a clean dish towel and set aside in a warm, draft-free area for 45 minutes.
- Line a plate with paper towels; set aside.
- Add vegetable oil to a deep-sided pot to a depth of 3 inches. Heat oil to 375F. Drop in dough squares a few at a time, turning frequently with a long-handled slotted spoon. Cook until puffed and golden. Remove with slotted spoon and transfer to the plate lined with paper towels. Lightly tent with foil to keep warm while remaining beignets cook.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon in a small bowl. Dust hot beignets with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- For the Eggnog Creme Anglaise: Combine eggnog and milk in a large, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook until very hot but not simmering.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar and egg yolks in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat until light, thick and fluffy.
- Very slowly drizzle in hot eggnog mixture while beating at medium-low speed.
- Transfer mixture back to saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and becomes creamy, 10 minutes. Do no simmer or the egg yolks will curdle.
- Remove the sauce from the heat whisk, and strain through a fine sieve. Stir in nutmeg and cinnamon, if using. Serve warm with the Mickey gingerbread beignets.
Credit: Disney Parks
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- These Mickey Gingerbread Beignets Are The Perfect Christmas Treat! - November 10, 2021
- Holiday Mickey Cookies With A Fun Surprise To Spread Some Disney Magic This Christmas! - November 9, 2021
- Mickey And Minnie No Bake Christmas Cookies To Celebrate The Holiday Season! - November 8, 2021