Get ready for Halloween with this Jack and Sally Candy Pouch DIY!
Trade your pumpkin for a candy pouch inspired by the pumpkin king himself and Sally! This craft is super fun to make and perfect for this Halloween season. You can even put your own touch it adding a strap so you can use it as a bag as well!
All you have to do is follow these instructions from Disney Parks and have a great day crafting this Jack and Sally candy pouch with your family while watching The Nightmare Before Christmas on Disney+!
JACK AND SALLY CANDY POUCH
- Printed template (preferably on white cardstock)
- Cutting mat
- Craft knife
- Soft felt in black, white, red and blue
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Masking tape
- Candy of your choice
- Needle and black thread (optional)
- Velcro (optional)
- Use a sharp craft knife to carefully cut out the templates, then use the templates as a guide to cut out 4 circles for each character:
- For Jack: Circle “A” with white felt and circle “B” with black felt.
- For Sally: Circle “A” one blue and one red felt, circle “B” one blue and one red felt.
- Using masking tape with a light adhesive, lay strips of tape down across surface of circle “A” (a white circle for Jack and the blue for Sally). Do this to the other side of the circle for Jack as well. Taping the circles will help when tracing the details and make it easier to cut the felt.
- Use a pencil to trace the face details onto the circle.
- Apply the details:
- For Jack: Use a craft knife to cut out his eyes, nose, and mouth (Do not cut out his mouth stitches).
- For Sally: Trace her face with a pencil directly onto the circle. Use this as a guide for placing her felt details. Use the face details sections of her template to cut out additional pieces for Sally.
- This is optional but can use a needle and black thread to sew the details of Jack’s and Sally’s mouth. For Sally’s eyelashes and Jack’s mouth, sew threw and back up, double knot and cut. For Sally, leave 1/2″ of excess thread. (You can skip this and simply use a black marker to draw their mouth and Sally’s eyelashes and pupils).
- Flip a circle “A” with Jack’s face down and glue one of the “B” circles centered onto that circle. Glue the second “B” circle centered onto the second “A” circle. Do the same for Sally.
- To glue both sides together, lay a line of hot glue along he visible edge of circle “A”. Be sure to leave 4 inches open at the top of the Jack and Sally candy pouch to insert candy.
- You can also cut a 1″ piece of velcro and glue to the inside of the Jack and Sally candy pouch to close.
We hope you have a spooktacular time this Halloween season with your Jack and Sally candy pouch!
Credit: Disney Parks Blog
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Jack And Sally Candy Pouch To Go Trick Or Treating! - October 26, 2021
- What’s This? A The Nightmare Before Christmas Treat Board! - October 24, 2021
- Nightmare Before Christmas Donuts To Make This Holiday Season! - October 23, 2021