Create Disney magic at home with this gluten-free beignet recipe! We’ve shared a lot of fun recipes for you to try while you’re stuck in quarantine, but we know that some of you may have food allergies or dietary restrictions. That’s why we’re sharing this gluten-free recipe with you today so you can curb your cravings! Simply gather all of the necessary ingredients for this decadent treat and follow the instructions below.
GLUTEN-FREE BEIGNET RECIPE:
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water (100°F)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons powdered gluten-free egg replacer
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pound gluten-free pizza crust mix
- Confectioners’ sugar for finishing
Combine warm water and yeast in a small bowl; set aside 5 minutes.
Combine apple juice, applesauce, sugar, egg replacer, salt, oil, and cinnamon in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix until well combined.
Add pizza crust mix, 1/4 cup at a time, until soft dough forms (you will not use all of mix). Turn dough out onto a work surface dusted with remaining pizza crust mix. Knead until dough is no longer sticky but still soft.
Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness, and cut into 2×3-inch pieces. Set aside at room temperature for 20 minutes.
Pour enough oil into a deep-sided pot until it reaches 2 inches up sides; heat oil over medium heat to 350°F.
Lightly press beignets to flatten slightly.
Add a few beignets to oil; fry until golden brown on both sides, turning once.
Remove from hot oil with a slotted spoon and place on a baking sheet lined with paper towels.
Dust with a generous amount of confectioners’ sugar before serving.
We hope you enjoy this gluten-free beignet recipe! Let us know how they turn out in the comments below.
Photo and recipe source Disney family.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Terralina Crafted Italian and Paddlefish Release October Specials - September 25, 2020
- Son of a Nutcracker! General Mills Is Releasing Elf Cereal - September 25, 2020
- Win Free Burgers for a Year at Black Tap! - September 15, 2020