It is being reported that the Cast Members that drove the Minnie Vans at Walt Disney World have been laid off, and right now we do not know if the whimsical personal ride service will be returning anytime soon…
Earlier this week Josh D’Amaro announced that there will be over 28,000 layoffs at both Disney World & Disneyland.
As of right now here is the current list of layoffs:
- The Grand Floridian Orchestra Band being let go after 32 years of playing together
- Disney World’s Polynesian Resort Entertainers will not be returning to work
- Yehaa Bob will not be returning to Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Disneyland layoffs include Imagineers and Restaurant & Hotel Workers
- All of the NBA experience cast members have been laid off
Disney’s Minnie Van service works with the Lyft app and helps guests get to and from the Disney World Resorts, Theme Parks, and even the Airport.
It was rumored that the Minnie Vans would be retired back in July but we never received official word from Disney if that was true or not.
As of right now, the Disney World website lists the Minnie Van service as unavailable.
I have used the Minnie Van service a few times for the novelty but typically I would just use Lyft or Uber as the cost was way cheaper.
Our hearts go out to all of the Disney Cast Members who have been laid off. If you can, please donate to the Cast Member Pantry to help those in need!