Adorable Winnie the Pooh Hunny Corn Muffins to start your day!
These muffins are allergy-free and lightly sweetened with honey and banana, so they make the perfect healthy breakfast option for the whole family.
Want to learn how to make them? Just follow this recipe from Disney Family and have fun!
WINNIE THE POOH HUNNY CORN MUFFINS
- 1 cup of gluten-free, nut free all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of cornmeal
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Medium or large ripe banana
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 cup of rice milk
- Several dried apricots or pieces of dried mango
- 1/4 cup of gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate chips (whole and melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly oil a 12 cup muffin pan or for convenience, you can line the cups with baking papers (brushing the liners lightly with oil will help keep the paper from sticking to the muffins).
- Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- Slice the banana into a larger mixing bowl, and beat the slices with a hand mixer until smooth. Add the vegetable oil and honey (tip: measuring the honey in the same cup you used for the oil will make it pour right out without sticking). Beat the mixture briefly. Then stir in the rice milk.
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture, and stir just until the batter is evenly blended.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, and bake the muffins until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean (about 18 to 20 minutes). Cool the baked Winnie the Pooh hunny corn muffins on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, use round fondant cutters or pastry bag tips to cut two 1/2 inch cheek circles and a 1 inch snout circle from the dried apricot or papaya for each muffin. Likewise, use a small oval cutter (about 1/2 by 3/4 inch) to cut a pair of ears for each muffin.
- Working with one muffin at a time, set a snout circle in place 1 inch from the top of the muffin. Tuck the sides of the cheek circles under the nose. Press down slightly just to stick the pieces in place. Use the tip of a kitchen knife to make slits for the ears an inch apart at the upper edge of the head. Insert the lower portion of the ear ovals into the slits.
- Heat chocolate chips in the microwave for a few seconds at a time until they are soft enough to stir into a smooth mixture. On each muffin, use the tip of a toothpick to add small drops of chocolate for eyes just above where the cheeks and snout meet.
- Dap a small triangular chocolate nose atop the upper edge of the snout. Finally, use the toothpick tip dipped in chocolate to draw thin 1/4 inch long curved eyebrows just below the base of the ears, and a grin right below the snout.
Enjoy your Winnie the Pooh hunny corn muffins!
Credit: Disney Family
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Adorable Winnie The Pooh Apple Pie To Surprise Everyone This Thanksgiving! - November 25, 2021
- Holiday It’s A Small World Cookies To Celebrate Christmas! - November 23, 2021
- Delicious Mickey Mouse Peppermint Cookies To Bake During The Holidays! - November 23, 2021