Listen well, all of you, we have a Maleficent Cake Jar that is wickedly delicious!
This Halloween season stir up some dark magic in the kitchen with these mason jar cakes inspired in the mistress of evil, Maleficent! This treat feature her signature colors black and purple topped with bright green icing and horns.
You can make this Maleficent cake jar by following this recipe from Disney Family:
MALEFICENT CAKE JAR
- Vanilla cake mix
- Chocolate cake mix
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 6 eggs
- Purple food coloring
- 1 pound of unsalted butter
- 1 pound of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp of milk
- 1/4 tsp of peppermint extract
- Electric green food coloring
- Black fondant
- Purple sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine vanilla cake mix, 1 1/4 cup of water, 1/2 cup of vegetable oil and 3 eggs into a large bowl. Add purple food coloring and stir until combined.
- Combine chocolate cake mix, 1 1/4 cup of water, 1/2 cup of vegetable oil, and 3 eggs into a large bowl.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of purple cake batter into mason jar. Add 1/4 cup of chocolate cake batter. Continue to alternate layers of purple and chocolate cake batter until mason jar is half full.
- Fill a baking pan with a thin layer of water. Place cake jar on pan. Bake cake jar at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes.
- White cake jar is baking, roll fondant into 1″ balls. Shape into horns.
- To prepare mint icing, combine unsalted butter, powdered sugar, milk and peppermint extract into a bowl. Add electric green food coloring.
- Once Maleficent cake jars have cooled, pipe icing on top of the cake. Add purple sprinkles, and place two horns to finish the look.
Credit: Disney Family
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Colorful Mickey Shaped Pretzels To Bake At Home! - October 14, 2021
- Discover A Whole New World With This Magic Carpet Passport Cover DIY - October 13, 2021
- Magical Hidden Mickey Cake To Bake This Fall Season! - October 12, 2021