When do you start decorating for the holidays? It seems to change every year at my house but Disney is always consistent! Decorations start going up at Disneyland right after Halloween every year. But did you know that planning the holiday design starts almost a year in advance? Creating, maintaining and storing all of the decorations for the resort is a year-long process for the Disneyland Resort enhancement team.
The video below shows Disneyland Resort’s resident “elves” hard at work in the warehouse where most of the resort’s yuletide trimmings are stored. From gathering garland to unboxing bows, they ensure every detail of décor is ready to make the season bright at the Disneyland Resort.
Here’s some fun facts about decorating for the holidays at the Disneyland Resort:
- The exterior of Main Street, U.S.A., features approximately 220 garlands that measure more than four miles long, with approximately 80 wreaths and 120 bows bringing the season to life on this charming street.
- It takes nearly three dozen cast members 35 days to install the glittering façade of “it’s a small world” Holiday and nearly 18 days to decorate the holiday attraction’s dazzling interior.
- The Disneyland Christmas tree stands 60-feet tall on Main Street, U.S.A. and features 1,500 Victorian-inspired ornaments with 100 oversized faux candles.
- Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle shimmers during the day and is illuminated each night with more than 126,000 twinkling LED lights, sparkling “icicles” and shimmering snow-capped turrets.
- A 50-foot Christmas tree adorns Carthay Circle to help guests get in the holiday spirit. The tree and surrounding buildings are decorated with vintage-style ornaments in keeping with the theme of Buena Vista Street, inspired by Los Angeles as it appeared when Walt Disney arrived in the 1920s.
Will you get to experience the Disneyland Resort during the holidays this year? What’s your favorite part? Let us know in the comments!
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- New Events and Experiences Coming to Disney California Adventure’s Food and Wine Festival - January 26, 2020
- Walt Disney World Railroad Photo Opportunity Moving to Fantasyland - January 25, 2020
- Hidden Mickey Safari at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge - January 25, 2020