Mardi Gras at Universal Studios in Universal Orlando Resort opens in just under 2 weeks on February 9, 2019. But what would Mardi Gras be without some fantastic Cajun cuisine? If you are finding your mouth watering for some yummy New Orleans treats in Orlando you are in luck. While you may not be in The Big Easy you just may think you are when you taste some of the authentic offerings at this year’s festival. The portions are tasting size, perfect for those who just want a bite and those who want to try a bit of everything.
All the delicious eats can be found at the French Quarter Courtyard in the New York area of the park. The festivities begin daily at 4 P.M. and the event runs February 9 – April 4.
The dishes included are both sweet and savory and of course fantastic beverages. Selections on this year’s menu include:
- Crab Etouffee
- Catfish Po Boy (served with kettle chips)
- King Cake
- Jambalaya (available with and without shrimp)
- Red Beans and Rice (available with and without shrimp)
- Twisted Taters (with a new Cajun seasoning this year)
- Bayou Bog Water (non-alcoholic)
- Specialty beverages including, Carnival Cocktail, Ragin’ Rumbalaya, or a combo of the two a Vicious Voodoo
- Craft beer selections are also available
Finally, brand new for this year is a mimosa bar. Multiple flavors will be available to try. Among the selections are, caramel apple, raspberry rosemary, and mojito mint.
The Mardi Gras party at Universal Orlando has all of the elements of the New Orleans Celebration, including a parade, headling artist musical acts, and of course tasty food. Will you be attending this year’s Mardi Gras celebration at Universal Orlando? What culinary concoction are you most excited to try?
Source: Universal Orlando
Are you ready to start planning a stress-free trip filled with thrills and memories to Universal Orlando Resort? Contact me today at 864-214–5981 or firstname.lastname@example.org As a Travel Advisor with the official travel partner of Chip & Company, Key to the World Travel (An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner) I provide no-obligation quotes and complementary booking and planning services. Join my Facebook page to learn more about the travel services I provide.
Latest posts by Cathleen Christie (see all)
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is Really Starting to Take Shape at Disneyland - February 18, 2019
- Attempted Breach of Security at Orlando International Airport Earlier Today - February 16, 2019
- The Disney FairyTales Pin Trading Event is Coming to Epcot - February 16, 2019