Surprise your family with a Mickey’s Apple Cider Donut this fall!
This recipe will add some whimsy to your autumn fare by turning a batch of homemade cider donuts into chocolate dipped Mickey Mouse treats! Plus these donuts are baked instead of fried so there’s no hot oil involved, so this makes it easier for kids to help if they want to.
So follow this recipe from Disney Family and start baking some tasty treats!
MICKEY’S APPLE CIDER DONUT
- Baked donut pan (lightly greased)
- Mini muffin pan for making donut “holes” (lightly greased)
- 2 mixing bowls
- Wooden spoon
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup of apple cider
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 2 tbsp of canola oil
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Cooling rack
For the glaze:
- Small heavy saucepan
- 6 tbsp of butter
- 3 tbsp of milk
- 3 oz of bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 tsp of corn syrup
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- Bowl of medium hot water (to set the pan of finished glazed on)
- Wooden kitchen skewer
- To make the Mickey’s apple cider donuts, heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set the bowl aside for now.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, cider, brown sugar, buttermilk, canola oil, and vanilla extract.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until the batter is evenly blended.
- Fill the donut cups (for the Mickey faces) and the mini muffin cups (for Mickey’s ears) three quarters of the way. Bake the donuts and donut “hole” muffins until they spring back when you touch them, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let the donuts and donut holes cool in the pan slightly before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Now make the glaze by combining the butter, milk, corn syrup, and vanilla extract in a small heavy saucepan. Heat the pan over medium heat until the butter melts. Add the chocolate and stir until it is all melted. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the confectioner’s sugar until the glaze is smooth.
- Set the pan over a bowl of medium hot water to keep the glaze fluid. Immediately dip the donuts halfway into the glaze and place them on a wax paper covered tray. Next, dip each donut hole by pushing it onto the end of a wooden kitchen skewer and submerging it in the chocolate. Allow glaze on the donuts to set (about 30 minutes or so).
- At serving time, place each whole Mickey’s apple cider donut on a plate and set two of the donut holes in place for ears.
Credit: Disney Family
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Colorful Mickey Shaped Pretzels To Bake At Home! - October 14, 2021
- Discover A Whole New World With This Magic Carpet Passport Cover DIY - October 13, 2021
- Magical Hidden Mickey Cake To Bake This Fall Season! - October 12, 2021