These adorable Winnie the Pooh Lemon Bars are perfect for Spring!
A classic treat inspired by our favorite bear that feature a crisp buttery crust with a creamy lemon filling. Delicious!
Have fun baking these tasty and sweet bars at home following this easy recipe from Disney Family:
WINNIE THE POOH LEMON BARS
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp of meringue powder
- 1/8 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of warm water
- Yellow and black gel food coloring
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp of lemon zest
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice (3-4 lemons)
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- Yellow gel food coloring
- Yellow candy melts (for ears)
- Dark chocolate, melted (for facial features)
- Piping bag and tip #1
- Parchment paper
- For the bumble bee decoration, start by creating royal. Add powdered sugar, meringue powder, vanilla extract, and water into the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Start mixing on low until incorporated and then beat on medium high until stiff peaks form (around 5 minutes).
- Divide the icing into separate bowls to mix the icing colors (yellow, black, and white). Then set up a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Using a piping bag with piping tip #1, pipe the shape of a bee in yellow on parchment paper. Pipe on it’s wings with white, and stripes, eyes and antennae with black icing. Set aside to dry (about 1 hour).
- Create Pooh’s ears with melted yellow candy melts. Using toothpicks, draw small circles on parchment paper. Set aside to dry.
- Next, prepare the crust. Preheat the oven to 350F. Cream the butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy in the bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment. Combine the flour and salt into the butter mixture until it’s just combined.
- Place the dough onto a well floured board and gather into a ball. Flatten the dough with floured hands and press flat into a 9″ x 9″ baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the crust for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Let it cool on a wire rack.
- For the filling, beat eggs together then set aside. Next beat the lemon zest, cornstarch, and lemon juice until combined. Sift in sugar and baking powder, then add it to the egg mixture. Finally, pour the whole mix over the cooled crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let it cool, then cut into 9 equal squares. Draw on Pooh’s face with melted dark chocolate. Add the ears and the royal icing beed with a little melted chocoalte.
Credit: Disney Family
- Magical Minnie Mouse Frappuccino To Order At Starbucks! - April 16, 2021
- Learn How To Make These Boozy Dole Whip Pops At Home! - April 15, 2021
- These Magic Carpet Pops Are A Must Make For Aladdin Fans! - April 14, 2021