These Winnie the Pooh Hand Pies are perfect to have during a picnic or just to enjoy at home!
Filled with fruit jam and inspired by the adorable characters from Winnie the Pooh, these pies will have your mouth watering and begging for more.
They are super portable and convenient to eat when you’re on the go, plus they are super easy to make. Just follow this recipe from Disney Family and have fun!
WINNIE THE POOH HAND PIES
- 1 package refrigerated, premade pie dough
- Yellow, light and dark pink, orange, purple, beige, and black gel food coloring
- Fruit jam
- 1/2 cup of icing sugar
- 3 tbsp of heavy cream
- 3 1/2″ circular cookie cutter
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Roll out the pie dough and divide it into 4 equal rounds. Using toothpicks, color each mound of dough with the colors of each character and knead until colors are incorporated. Use the yellow for Pooh, pink for Piglet, orange for Tigger, and purple for Eeyore. For Piglet’s ears, color a small amount of dough with the deep pink.
- Flatten the dough and cut out circular shapes with a 3 1/2″ cookie cutter. Then using a small knife, cut out the shapes of each character’s ears and feet. You will need 2 shapes of each character in order to form the top and bottom of the pies.
- Spoon about half a tablespoon of jam (this one is mixed berry jam) on top of each cutout and cover with the other half.
- Crimp the edges of the pies with a fork. Repeat with the remaining pies.
- Move the pies to the prepared baking sheet. Bake them for 15 minutes, until the pastry is slightly puffy and let it cool.
- Whisk the icing sugar and cream together to create an icing. Divide it and make the following colors for the details using the food coloring: black, pink, beige and yellow.
- Use the various icing colors and toothpicks to draw the details onto each character.
- Let them dry and serve.
Credit: Disney Family
- Surprise Mom With A Tonga Toast Breakfast This Mother’s Day! - May 8, 2021
- Apple Crumble Tarts Recipe From Epcot Food & Wine Festival! - May 7, 2021
- Surprise Your Ohana With A Stitch Smoothie Bowl! - May 6, 2021