Thanksgiving has come and gone and you might be wondering what to do with all of your leftovers! Those turkey sandwiches can get old fast, so Disney has shared a new way to enjoy your delicious leftovers.
The recipe is for Ham Sliders with Pineapple Cherry Jam. Offered during past Disney California Adventure Festival of Holidays at Disneyland Resort, it is the yummy Pineapple Cherry Jam that takes this seemingly simple slider to the next level.
HOLIDAY HAM SLIDER WITH PINEAPPLE CHERRY JAM
PINEAPPLE CHERRY JAM
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 fresh pineapple, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 8 brioche buns
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1/2 pounds Applewood smoked ham, sliced medium thickness
FOR PINEAPPLE CHERRY JAM:
- Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add pineapple, vinegar and sugar; cook on low heat for 45 minutes, until vinegar and pineapple juices are reduced and pineapple begins to break down.
- Stir in cherries and mustard; season with salt.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
FOR HAM SLIDER:
- Preheat griddle or skillet over medium heat. Cut brioche buns in half and spread butter on cut side. Toast on hot griddle for 1 minute, or until golden brown.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat and warm ham.
- Evenly divide ham on warm brioche buns and top with jam.
Cook’s Note: Refrigerate any leftover jam—it’s delicious spread on warm buttered toast.
Will you be making these sliders soon?
Source: Disney Parks Blog
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- California Governor lifts stay at home order for Disneyland & SoCal - January 25, 2021
- Olu Mel now greeting guests at Disney’s Aulani Resort & Spa - January 24, 2021
- Disneyland working on NEW Membership Program - January 24, 2021