According to an article on the Hollywood Reporter Disney Springs will be implementing safety precautions for not only the guests visiting the retail locations of Disney Springs but also the Cast Members.
Some of the precautions to be in place are:
- Face Masks for guests and cast members
- Temperature checks for guests upon entering
- Plexiglass dividers at registers for contactless checkouts
- Cast Members directing guests to maintain social distancing
Many of the Disney Springs restaurants will be adhering to the Dine Safe program to minimize contact risk and bolster hygiene protocol that meets or exceeds the best-practice guidelines recommended by the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The key components of the Dine Safe program are:
The Dining Room and Guest Experience:
- To enhance health and safety measures, guests will be required to wear face coverings at all times except while eating and drinking.
- Ensuring current social distancing procedures are upheld via the redesign of table layouts for seating guests as directed by local and state regulators and in compliance with the CDC.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, including hourly disinfecting as needed for all high-touch surfaces.
- Multiple hand-sanitizing stations strategically placed throughout our facilities.
- Controlled access to the facility to carefully monitor incoming and outgoing patrons and employees through clearly designated entrances and exits.
- Using single-use menus to limit contact.
Team Member Safety Measures:
- Undergo a health check when they report to work.
- Sanitize their hands when they report to work and are required to wash and sanitize their hands every 20 minutes throughout the shift.
- Wear masks while on duty.
- Undergo a comprehensive “Dine Safe” Training Program.
As of this time, there is no official date on when the retail locations in Disney Springs will open, but to see a current list of Disney Springs Restaurants opening on May 22nd, click here.
As soon as we have more details on the reopening of Disney owned retail locations we will share the news here on Chip and Co.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- New Hollywood Studios Park Map Now Features Children With Prosthetics - March 2, 2021
- Food Guide to ‘A Touch of Disney’ at Disney California Adventure Opening March 18 - March 1, 2021
- Harmonious Centerpiece installed last night in Epcot - February 27, 2021