These Nightmare Before Christmas Donuts are such a versatile treat because you can make them for Halloween and Christmas!
They are perfect for a themed party or just to have during a fun movie night with your family! Making them is also super easy and everyone can help. Want to try to recreate them at home?
Just follow this recipe from Disney and have an amazing time baking!:
NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS DONUTS
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 2 tbsp of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Black, orange, and teal food coloring (You can mix blue and green to make the teal color)
- Piping bag and tip
- Donut pan
- Vegetable oil
- Red sour belts
- Whisk butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add in egg and mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the mixture and combine. Then mix in milk and vanilla.
- Scoop out 4 tbsp of dough, add black food coloring and 1 tbsp of flour. Mix well and add to a piping bag.
- Scoop out 1 tbsp of dough, add orange food coloring and 1 tbsp of flour. Mix and add to a piping bag.
- Scoop out 1/3 of remaining dough and color it teal.
- Lightly grease donut pan with vegetable oil. Fill the donut pan with plain and teal colored mixture to about 80 percent full.
- Bake your nightmare before christmas donuts at 350F for 5 minutes, then lower to 300F and continue baking for 20 minutes.
- Using the colored dough, draw out the features on the donuts. Return to the oven and bake at 300F for 5 minutes.
- Once cooled, cut sour belts and add to the Sally donut.
Enjoy your nightmare before christmas donuts!