If you are looking for a cute and colorful Halloween treat, then these Sally Sugar Cookies are perfect!
Inspired by Sally’s iconic dress, these cookies will give you all the Halloween vibes this season and are a great snack to have during a spooky movie marathon on Disney+ or to serve during your next party.
Making them can be super fun, just follow this recipe and start baking:
SALLY SUGAR COOKIES
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of kosher salt
- Teal, purple and pink food coloring
- Ghirardelli chocolate melts
- Piping bag
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add the butter and sugar, beat with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until very pale and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the egg and beat until well combined. Add in the egg yolk and vanilla extract beating until well combined.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Beat on low until well combined.
- Divide dough into 4 bowls and add food coloring, mixing well with a fork.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes or more.
- Make golf ball sized dough balls using 2-3 colors of dough for each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 8-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for around 2 minutes. Transfer to a baking rack and let them cool again.
- Melt a small handful of chocolate melts according to instructions on the package and then transfer to a piping bag.
- Snip the tip off the piping bag and use it to add stitches to the Sally sugar cookies. Follow the lines of different colors on the cookies.
- Allow your Sally sugar cookies dry for 30 minutes and serve.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Colorful Mickey Shaped Pretzels To Bake At Home! - October 14, 2021
- Discover A Whole New World With This Magic Carpet Passport Cover DIY - October 13, 2021
- Magical Hidden Mickey Cake To Bake This Fall Season! - October 12, 2021