If you are looking for a cute and colorful Halloween treat, then these Sally Sugar Cookies are perfect!
Inspired by Sally’s iconic dress, these cookies will give you all the Halloween vibes this season and are a great snack to have during a spooky movie marathon on Disney+ or to serve during your next party.
Making them can be super fun, just follow this recipe and start baking:
SALLY SUGAR COOKIES
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of kosher salt
- Teal, purple and pink food coloring
- Ghirardelli chocolate melts
- Piping bag
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add the butter and sugar, beat with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until very pale and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the egg and beat until well combined. Add in the egg yolk and vanilla extract beating until well combined.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Beat on low until well combined.
- Divide dough into 4 bowls and add food coloring, mixing well with a fork.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes or more.
- Make golf ball sized dough balls using 2-3 colors of dough for each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 8-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for around 2 minutes. Transfer to a baking rack and let them cool again.
- Melt a small handful of chocolate melts according to instructions on the package and then transfer to a piping bag.
- Snip the tip off the piping bag and use it to add stitches to the Sally sugar cookies. Follow the lines of different colors on the cookies.
- Allow your Sally sugar cookies dry for 30 minutes and serve.