Meat Loaf is a classic staple dinner item and the one from 50’s Prime Time Cafe is my absolute favorite! I order it every time we eat at 50’s Prime Time. Since we can’t go to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and enjoy Mom’s recipe right now, we found a way to make it at home!
Here’s what you’ll need:
For the meat loaf
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely cracked black peppercorns (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt (or to taste)
For the glaze ~
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 and lightly oil or spray with non-stick spray 2 medium-sized loaf pans (about 8.5 inches by 4.5 inches).
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, onion, and bell peppers until completely mixed. Add beef, pork, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and salt.
- Using your hands, combine until all ingredients are completely combined, but take care to not overmix (overmixed meat will become overly mushy).
- Divide the meat mixture in half and shape into two, rounded loaves. Place in loaf pans.
- Place loaf pans in oven and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer says the inner temperature is 155 degrees.
- Brush meatloaves with glaze (preparation instructions below) and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove the meatloaves from the oven and allow to stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
- To serve, slice and serve warm with additional glaze or gravy on top.
- Prepare the glaze by combining ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and mustard and stirring until combined.
I know what I’ll be having for dinner tonight! Thanks to The Disney Chef for this recipe.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Muppets ‘Rainbow Connection’ Points of Light Show Debuting tonight in Epcot - January 14, 2022
- Can’t get a Popcorn bucket why not grab a Figment Spork? - January 14, 2022
- Figment’s Brush with the Masters Scavenger Hunt is going on now at Epcot Festival of the Arts - January 14, 2022