Meat Loaf is a classic staple dinner item and the one from 50’s Prime Time Cafe is my absolute favorite! I order it every time we eat at 50’s Prime Time. Since we can’t go to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and enjoy Mom’s recipe right now, we found a way to make it at home!
Here’s what you’ll need:
For the meat loaf
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely cracked black peppercorns (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt (or to taste)
For the glaze ~
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 and lightly oil or spray with non-stick spray 2 medium-sized loaf pans (about 8.5 inches by 4.5 inches).
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, onion, and bell peppers until completely mixed. Add beef, pork, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and salt.
- Using your hands, combine until all ingredients are completely combined, but take care to not overmix (overmixed meat will become overly mushy).
- Divide the meat mixture in half and shape into two, rounded loaves. Place in loaf pans.
- Place loaf pans in oven and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer says the inner temperature is 155 degrees.
- Brush meatloaves with glaze (preparation instructions below) and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove the meatloaves from the oven and allow to stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
- To serve, slice and serve warm with additional glaze or gravy on top.
- Prepare the glaze by combining ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and mustard and stirring until combined.
I know what I’ll be having for dinner tonight! Thanks to The Disney Chef for this recipe.
- New Offers at Terralina Crafted Italian and Paddlefish Restaurant - August 12, 2020
- State of California Reviewing How and When to Open Theme Parks - August 11, 2020
- Adventures by Disney Suspends More Trips - August 11, 2020