“Mary Poppins Returns” will be making its appearance in stores in a few short weeks. It will be available on Digital 4K Ultra HDTM and Movies Anywhere on March 12 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-rayTM, and DVD on March 19. “Mary Poppins Returns” has been nominated for 4 Academy Awards®, including Best Original Song. Both a sing-along version as well as never-before-seen bonus features will be included with the release.
“Mary Poppins Returns” is the sequel based on the Mary Poppins Stories by PL Travers. The movie was directed by Academy Award winner Rob Marshall (Chicago, Nine, Into the Woods). Emily Blunt stars as the practically-perfect nanny Mary Poppins and Lin-Manual Miranda as the charming lamplighter Jack.
“Mary Poppins Returns” into the life of Michael Banks (Ben Whishaw) who met Mary Poppins when he was a child at 17 Cherry Tree Lane. Michael Banks now is grown and raising this own 3 children – Annabel (Pixie Davies), John (Nathanael Saleh), and Georgie (Joel Dawson) with some assistance from his sister Jane (Emily Mortimer). The setting of the story is in Depression-era London which makes for some difficult times. Mary Poppins enters the lives of the Banks Family once again having not aged a single day! Colorful characters, such as Mary’s eccentric Cousin Topsy (Meryl Streep), Jack’s lovable band of leeries and bank executives William Weatherall Wilkins (Colin Firth) and Mr. Dawes Jr. (Dick Van Dyke) are all encountered. Life, love, and laughter are brought back into the home through the whimsical adventures of the Banks children, Mary Poppins and her old friend Jack.
The Bonus Features that are included with the Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD are:
- Deleted Song – “The Anthropomorphic Zoo”– In this early song sequence, Mary Poppins and the children visit a very special zoo where the humans and animals trade places.
- The Practically Perfect Making of “Mary Poppins Returns”– Join filmmakers and cast on an amazing journey to embrace the legacy of the original film while making a fresh modern sequel.
- Introduction– Filmmakers and cast remember the first Mary Poppins movie and share the thrill of working on “Mary Poppins Returns.”
- “(Underneath the) Lovely London Sky”– Discover how the team mined PL Travers’ books for a fresh perspective on a much-loved character. Plus, meet the Banks children!
- “Can You Imagine That?”– Be on location for Mary’s iconic entrance from the sky, and explore the movie’s original songs, inspired by the Sherman Brothers.
- “Nowhere to Go but Up”– Experience being on set with the legendary Dick Van Dyke and Angela Lansbury, and celebrate the joy of choosing the right balloon!
- Seeing Things From a Different Point of View”: The Musical Numbers of “Mary Poppins Returns”– Go behind the scenes and experience the film’s production numbers from a new angle.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic”– Led by Lin-Manuel Miranda, the cast performs the film’s biggest production number, with dancing lamplighters, bicyclists and more!
- “The Royal Doulton Music Hall” / “A Cover Is Not the Book”– Find out what it takes to create two musical extravaganzas inside an animated world, highlighted by dancing animated penguins!
- “Turning Turtle”– Mary’s eccentric cousin, Topsy Turvy, played by Meryl Streep, has an unusual house that turns this musical number upside-down.
- “Can You Imagine That?”– Dive under the bubbles with the cast and crew to see how this exuberant number was created.
- Back to Cherry Tree Lane: Dick Van Dyke Returns– Dick Van Dyke, who played Bert and Mr. Dawes Sr. in the first film, returns after 54 years to Cherry Tree Lane as Mr. Dawes Jr.
- Practically Perfect Bloopers– There’s nowhere to go but up with the cast and crew in this lighthearted collection of flubs, goofs and prop fails!
- Deleted Scenes
- Leaving Topsy’s– After their visit to Cousin Topsy, Mary, Jack and the children pause to take a look back.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic”– The leeries light up the screen in this extended clip from the movie’s biggest musical production.
- Play Movie in Sing-Along Mode– Sing along with all your favorite songs as you watch the movie.
- Play Movie with Audio Commentary– Watch the film with commentary by director Rob Marshall and producer John DeLuca.
We will be providing everyone with our review of the movie shortly before it is released. Make sure to keep checking back for that!
Are you ready to start planning your next adventure? I would love to help you! I am a travel planner with Key to the World Travel, the Official Travel Partner of Chip & Company. Key to the World Travel is an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. Whether you want to plan a vacation to Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando Resort, a cruise or a vacation at a Sandals or Beaches Resort, I can help you. Contact me today so we can get started on your vacation planning! You can call or text me at 908-773-0930 or email me at email@example.com. Feel free to follow me on Facebook or fill out the form below as well. My planning services are FREE with booking.