Missing that sweet and delicious Banana Foster Bread Pudding from ‘Ohana?
Well you don’t have to wait until your next Disney vacation, because we have a recipe so you can recreate it at home! You can have it as a breakfast, dessert or just a little treat while you watch your favorite on Disney Plus!
BANANA FOSTER BREAD PUDDING
- 8 cups of cubed Ohana pineapple bread or Challah bread
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of corn syrup
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup of salted butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- Banana slices
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup of spiced rum or 2 tbsp of rum extract
- Toast the ohana or challah bread in the oven at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Mix the eggs, milk, salt, 1 1/2 cups of sugar and nutmeg and whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
- Spread the toasted bread in a rectangle casserole dish, then pour the mixture over it. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325F for 40-60 minutes or until the top is crunchy and custard is soft but not runny. Let it cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Mix the corn syrup, butter, 1/2 cup of sugar and brown sugar then add to a sauce pan, once you bring it to a low boil, add the heavy cream slowly. Then add the rum and flambe (skip this if you are using the rum extract).
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until caramel reaches 235F. Remove from heat and add extract (if you didn’t use the spiced rum before) and salt.
- Cut the bread pudding and top with banana slices, caramel sauce and ice cream.
Credit: The Disney Chef
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- These Spooky Oogie Boogie Jello Shots Are The Perfect Boozy Treat! - September 3, 2021
- Delicious Pumpkin Milkshake From Disney’s Wilderness Lodge To Enjoy This Fall! - September 2, 2021
- Disney & Dole Honor Girl Scout Hawaii Winner For Her Courage And Kindness! - September 2, 2021