Missing that sweet and delicious Banana Foster Bread Pudding from ‘Ohana?
Well you don’t have to wait until your next Disney vacation, because we have a recipe so you can recreate it at home! You can have it as a breakfast, dessert or just a little treat while you watch your favorite on Disney Plus!
BANANA FOSTER BREAD PUDDING
- 8 cups of cubed Ohana pineapple bread or Challah bread
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of corn syrup
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup of salted butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- Banana slices
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup of spiced rum or 2 tbsp of rum extract
- Toast the ohana or challah bread in the oven at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Mix the eggs, milk, salt, 1 1/2 cups of sugar and nutmeg and whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
- Spread the toasted bread in a rectangle casserole dish, then pour the mixture over it. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325F for 40-60 minutes or until the top is crunchy and custard is soft but not runny. Let it cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Mix the corn syrup, butter, 1/2 cup of sugar and brown sugar then add to a sauce pan, once you bring it to a low boil, add the heavy cream slowly. Then add the rum and flambe (skip this if you are using the rum extract).
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until caramel reaches 235F. Remove from heat and add extract (if you didn’t use the spiced rum before) and salt.
- Cut the bread pudding and top with banana slices, caramel sauce and ice cream.
Credit: The Disney Chef
- Snow White Red Apple Crispy Treats To Make At Home! - June 17, 2021
- You Can Order A Virgin Mai Tai Frappuccino At Starbucks! - June 16, 2021
- Change Your Fate With These Brave Banana Cherry Teacakes! - June 15, 2021