This year surprise mom with a delicious breakfast like this Tonga Toast!
This decadent dish is perfect to surprise the queen of the house this Sunday, it features banana stuffed sourdough bread, battered, deep-fried, and dusted with cinnamon sugar.
You can usually find it at Disney’s Polynesian Resort but you can make it at home by following this easy recipe:
- 3/4 cup and 1 tbsp of sugar
- 4 cups of vegetable oil for frying
- 3 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cup of whole milk
- 2 bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1 loaf of unsliced sourdough bread
- Combine 3/4 cup of sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir until well mixed. Set aside.
- Using caution, heat 3 inches of vegetable oil to 350F in a deep heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Slice sourdough loaf into four 3 inch slices. Cut a 2 inch pocket in the middle of each sourdough slice. Set aside.
- Cut the bananas into quarters. Stuff 2 banana quarters into each sourdough slice.
- Dip sourdough slices into the egg mixture one at a time. Making sure to soak both sides in the batter.
- Fry battered slices until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes, turning as soon as they brown on one side. Remove with tongs and place on paper towels to drain.
- Coat the fried toast in the cinnamon sugar mixture and enjoy!
Add some fresh fruit, juice and a hand-made card and surprise mom with a Mother’s Day tray!
Credit: Disney Parks
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Pick Your Side With These Fun Lightsaber Waffle Sticks! - October 18, 2021
- Oh Boy! Colorful Mickey Pie Pops To Bake At Home! - October 18, 2021
- Nemo And Friends Celebrate The 50th Anniversary In The Cutest Way! - October 16, 2021