John Stamos Shared That He Kept the Couch from ‘Full House‘. John Stamos shocked the internet this week after revealing he kept “the couch” from popular 90’s series, Full House.
Stamos shared an image of his son, Billy, and the caption,”Baby safety gate or one of the most iconic couches in pop TV history? You, make the call.” via his Instagram account, and fans were immediately surprised and delighted to see the couch remains loved and used by Stamos and his family.
John’s Full House cast mates were quick to comment on the post:
- Candace Cameron Bure (D.J. Tanner) commented: “You got it?! Not Bob?”
- Bob Saget (Danny Tanner) shared: “I don’t know what it is John, but it comforts me.”
- Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie Tanner) simply said, “WHAAAAATTTT?!”
- Andrea Barber (Kimmy Gibbler) bluntly proclaimed, “Thief!”
Now I want to know how the cast chose who got what pieces of iconic furniture and props from the series and how they could not know who got the couch before, but that will be a story for another time. As such a heavily used prop, the series went through several couches during filming, but it seems one of the couches was somehow snatched by Stamos either during or post production for the series.
Full House originally premiered on ABC and ran from 1987-1995 and sparked a spin-off series called Fuller House on Netflix that focused on DJ, Stephanie, and Kimmy as they navigate adulthood and parenthood similarly to Danny, Joey, and Jessie in the original series.
Be sure to check back here at Chip and Co for all things Disney!
Featured Photo Credit: ABC
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Steven Spielberg Demands ‘Jurassic World’ Animated Netflix Series Be Realistic Like the Original Films - September 18, 2020
- Goldie Hawn Confirmed as Mrs. Claus for ‘The Christmas Chronicles 2’ - September 17, 2020
- Star Wars ‘The Mandalorian’ Takes Home 5 Emmy Awards - September 17, 2020