Have fun with this DIY Mickey Candy Corn Piñata this Halloween season!
If you are looking for a creative project to try this season, then this one is perfect! Ashton, from Mom on the Monorail came up with this hauntingly creative and easy idea to create by yourself or your little ones at home.
All you need is an empty cereal box and colorful tissue paper, simple right? You can even fill it with candy and have it as a cute home decor during the season! Want to learn how to make it? Just follow these instructions from Ashton:
MICKEY CANDY CORN PIÑATA
- Cereal Box
- Tissue paper
- Masking tape
- Step 1: Sketch two candy corn outlines on the inside of the cereal box. Cut out. Size doesn’t really matter as you can make your candy corn however big or small you want. For reference, the candy corns for this project were 6.5 inch tall and 4 inch across the widest part.
- Step 2: To create the sides of the Mickey candy corn piñata use the strip of the cereal box. This was 2.5 inch wide. Again, this is flexible depending on how large or small you wish your piñata to be.
- Step 3: Assemble the 3D piñata with the cut out cereal box pieces and the masking tape. The more tape the better! It won’t look pretty after it’s assembled but it will be covered with tissue paper fringe soon.
- Step 4: Cut 4 circles from the cereal box for Mickey’s ears. These were 3 inches in diameter. Tape the two together with masking tape.
- Step 5: Cut slits in your 3D piñata to slide the ears into. Can be done with scissors or craft knife. Slide the taped circles into the slits to create your Mickey candy corn.
- Step 6: Take a piece of tissue paper, fold in half long ways. Cut strips (these were 1.5 inch in width) and fringe with scissors making small snips along the length of the strip. Do this for all colors of tissue paper, orange, yellow, white and black. You’ll need more of some colors and less of others.
- Step 7: Start gluing fringe piece onto your Mickey candy corn piñata from the bottom up. Cover the front first, then the side, and lastly the ears.
- Step 8: At the end you can cut a little door in the back so that you can add candy. And done!
Have fun with your Mickey Candy Corn Piñata!
Credit: Disney Parks
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Adorable Mickey Toast To Add Some Magic To Your Mornings! - October 15, 2021
- Colorful Mickey Shaped Pretzels To Bake At Home! - October 14, 2021
- Discover A Whole New World With This Magic Carpet Passport Cover DIY - October 13, 2021