If you’ve ever dined at Goofy’s Kitchen in the Disneyland Hotel at the Disneyland Resort, then you know one of the staple offerings is PB&J Pizza! Since we aren’t able to enjoy the real thing with Goofy, we’ve decided to make it at home!
We start by gathering our ingredients.
Pizza Dough ingredients
- ¾ cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 1 package (2¼ teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups of all purposes flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable cooking spray
Pizza Topping ingredients
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup grape jelly
Then we follow the instructions carefully!
- Place warm water in a small bowl; add active dry yeast and honey and stir to dissolve. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine flour and salt in a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook.
- Add the olive oil and yeast mixture and continue mixing on low speed for at least 5 to 7 minutes or until dough pulls away from the
sides of the bowl and forms a smooth ball. If the dough is too wet and doesn’t pull away, gradually add more flour until it does.
- Transfer dough to a clean work surface, lightly dusted with four.
- Cut ball into 2 equal pieces. Sprinkle each piece with flour and gently form each one into a ball. Dust your hands and work surface with
flour and needed. Knead by hand for 2 to 3 minutes, or until dough is smooth and firm.
- Spray 2 large mixing bowls with vegetable cooking spray. Place 1 dough ball in each bowl. Turn dough around so that it gets coated
with vegetable cooking spray and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for 1 hour in a warm place and allow dough to rise.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Punch dough down to deflate. Transfer each dough ball onto a clean work surface, lightly dusted with flour. Flatten dough working from the center out, using your fingers and palm of your hand.
- Turn and stretch dough until it cannot stretch further. Allow dough to rest for 5 minutes and continue to stretch dough until it is approximately 10 to 12 inches in diameter. Build up edges slightly by pinching the edges.
- Spray 2 12-inch pizza pans or baking sheets with vegetable cooking spray.
- Transfer dough onto pizza pans and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned.
- Melt peanut butter and jelly in 2 separate bowls in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Remove pizza from oven, spread peanut butter over hot crust with a spatula.
- Place the warmed jelly in a squeeze bottle. Squeeze a small circle of jelly in the center of the pizza. Continue making larger circles working your way to the outside crust and forming a “target” pattern.
- Gently pull a knife across the jelly circles working from the crust to the center of the pizza to create pattern lines.
- Bake pizzas for another 2 to 3 minutes.
This dough can be made ahead of time. Do the first 4 steps, then punch down the dough and re-cover with plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
You can find the recipe we used here.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- New details revealed on the death of Bob Saget - January 10, 2022
- Closing dates revealed for remaining West Side Downtown Disney shops - January 10, 2022
- New 50th Anniversary Tumbler spotted at Walt Disney World - January 10, 2022