If you’ve ever dined at Goofy’s Kitchen in the Disneyland Hotel at the Disneyland Resort, then you know one of the staple offerings is PB&J Pizza! Since we aren’t able to enjoy the real thing with Goofy, we’ve decided to make it at home!
We start by gathering our ingredients.
Pizza Dough ingredients
- ¾ cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 1 package (2¼ teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups of all purposes flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable cooking spray
Pizza Topping ingredients
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup grape jelly
Then we follow the instructions carefully!
- Place warm water in a small bowl; add active dry yeast and honey and stir to dissolve. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine flour and salt in a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook.
- Add the olive oil and yeast mixture and continue mixing on low speed for at least 5 to 7 minutes or until dough pulls away from the
sides of the bowl and forms a smooth ball. If the dough is too wet and doesn’t pull away, gradually add more flour until it does.
- Transfer dough to a clean work surface, lightly dusted with four.
- Cut ball into 2 equal pieces. Sprinkle each piece with flour and gently form each one into a ball. Dust your hands and work surface with
flour and needed. Knead by hand for 2 to 3 minutes, or until dough is smooth and firm.
- Spray 2 large mixing bowls with vegetable cooking spray. Place 1 dough ball in each bowl. Turn dough around so that it gets coated
with vegetable cooking spray and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for 1 hour in a warm place and allow dough to rise.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Punch dough down to deflate. Transfer each dough ball onto a clean work surface, lightly dusted with flour. Flatten dough working from the center out, using your fingers and palm of your hand.
- Turn and stretch dough until it cannot stretch further. Allow dough to rest for 5 minutes and continue to stretch dough until it is approximately 10 to 12 inches in diameter. Build up edges slightly by pinching the edges.
- Spray 2 12-inch pizza pans or baking sheets with vegetable cooking spray.
- Transfer dough onto pizza pans and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned.
- Melt peanut butter and jelly in 2 separate bowls in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Remove pizza from oven, spread peanut butter over hot crust with a spatula.
- Place the warmed jelly in a squeeze bottle. Squeeze a small circle of jelly in the center of the pizza. Continue making larger circles working your way to the outside crust and forming a “target” pattern.
- Gently pull a knife across the jelly circles working from the crust to the center of the pizza to create pattern lines.
- Bake pizzas for another 2 to 3 minutes.
This dough can be made ahead of time. Do the first 4 steps, then punch down the dough and re-cover with plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
You can find the recipe we used here.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Must See: Spooky Disney-themed Halloween House in California - October 21, 2020
- Florida Residents Save Up to 35% on Rooms at Select Disney Resort Hotels for Early 2021 - October 21, 2020
- Disney World Annual Passholders Save Up to 40% on Rooms in Early 2021 - October 21, 2020