Create Disney magic at home with this copycat recipe for Disneyland’s Matterhorn Macaroon by Magical Recipes! This tasty treat- golden coconut topped with white chocolate – is perfect to satisfy your sweet tooth. All you need to do is gather the necessary ingredients and follow the instructions below!
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips (or white candy melts)
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- confectioners sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 300°.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl or mixer, beat egg whites, vanilla, almond extract, and ream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in sugar and whip until stiff.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, and coconut.
- Fold into the egg whites.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheets, shaping each one into a “matterhorn mountain.”
- Bake for 20-30 minutes (depending on size) until slightly golden.
- Melt the white chocolate with the cream over a double broiler, and dip the top of each cooled macaroon into the melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
We hope you enjoy this recipe for Disneyland‘s Matterhorn Macaroon! If you decide to try it out, let us know how it turns out in the comments below.
Photo and recipe source Magical Recipes.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Positively Minnie: The Polka Dot Summit 2.0 Coming in February - January 23, 2021
- The Edison in Disney Springs is Celebrating Valentine’s Day All Weekend Long - January 22, 2021
- Fans Petition Disney to Save Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom - January 9, 2021