Disney World has made a change to their outdoor face mask policy this weekend. Even though guests can now choose to remove their face mask at outdoor areas on Disney property, the Cast Members must still wear their face coverings at all times.
Here are the details:
Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) and Cast Members. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them in all indoor locations, except when actively eating or drinking while stationary and maintaining appropriate physical distancing. Face coverings are optional in outdoor common areas at Walt Disney World Resort, but are still required upon entering and throughout all attractions, theaters and transportation.
All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) must:
- Must have at least 2 layers of breathable material
- Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Must be secure with ties or ear loops and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
At this time, based on guidance from health authorities, neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings.
Costume masks are not acceptable as a face mask.
Acceptable Face Masks
Face coverings may have an integrated transparent plastic panel to aid in viewing the wearer’s mouth. These face coverings must:
- Be a fabric face covering featuring a solid plastic panel containing no openings that is attached to the fabric on all sides using tight knit stitching
- Meet all face covering requirements listed above
The use of face coverings is not a substitute for physical distancing.
Check back here on Chip & Co. for the latest theme park and entertainment news updates!
- All New Chip & Dale Park Life coming to Disney+ - June 16, 2021
- Park Passes completely gone for the first night of Happily Ever After - June 15, 2021
- First Look at Iron Man Roller Coaster coming to Disneyland Paris - June 14, 2021