Its not long before Disney World’s fantastic new expansion Pandora- The World of Avatar begins “wowing” crowds over at Animal Kingdom. Opening on May 27th, Disney is slowly starting to release details of the incredible attractions on offer. Chief among them is the awe-inspiring Valley of Mo’ara, the incredible land that guests encounter upon entering Pandora.
This area, based on James Cameron’s Avatar film franchise, will offer a fully immersive experience. Some of the highlights include:
- Stunning landscapes featuring floating mountains and incredible bio-luminescent flora and fauna that change when the sun goes down.
- Two eateries: The Satu’Li Canteen will be the go to place for Quick Service bite and Pongu Pongu lounge will offer quick bites, snacks and alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Incredible Pandora themed merchandise as well as toys, and science kits will be found at Windtraders.
- Na’vi artifacts including a drum circle, totems and other cultural items will be scattered about the landscape.
- Tour guides from Alpha Centauri Expeditions (ACE) as well as scientists from the Pandora Conservation Intitiative (PCI) will be there to help visitors explore the incredible moon of Pandora.
- Wilderness Explorers will also be pleased to know that there will be new challenges and badges to collect.
To celebrate this fantastic new expansion, Disney will also be offering extended theme park hours to guests visiting between May 27 – July 4, 2017. On these dates, the park will remain open until 11:00pm so that you can witness the way that the magical world of Pandora comes to life after the sun sets. As a special treat for guests staying on-site, Disney will also begin offering Evening Extra Magic Hours between May 27- July 4th where the park will remain open from 11:oopm – 1:ooam.
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.