Start your day with some delicious Dalmatian Pancakes with Strawberry Compote!
Inspired in the movie 101 Dalmatians, these pancakes feature white and chocolate chips and a vivid red strawberry compote that brings to mind the black, white, and red of Cruella’s look. But don’t worry, these pancakes are not evil at all.
You can find this and more recipes on the “Disney Villains: Devilishly Delicious Cookbook” by Julie Tremaine that is on pre-order now! Can’t wait to try these pancakes? You are in luck because we have the recipe for you!
DALMATIAN PANCAKES WITH STRAWBERRY COMPOTE
For Strawberry Compote
- 1 pound of strawberries
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp of butter, melted
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of milk chocolate chips
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Prepare the strawberry compote. Wash and chop the strawberries, discarding stems and hulls of the fruit.
- Combine the strawberries with the sugar, lemon juice and vanilla paste in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce to a simmer and cook about 15 minutes, until fruit has softened and sauce has thickened. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Prepare the pancakes. In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients, and stir to combine. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium. Spray it with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Drop batter by a 1/4 cup measuring cup into pan, being careful not to crowd the pancakes.
- Cook until golden brown and bubbles rise to the surface, about 3 minutes. Flip, and cook another 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a plate tented with aluminum foil to keep pancakes warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve topped with strawberry compote and, if desired, additional white and milk chocolate chips.
Credit: GMA, Disney Villains: Devilishly Delicious Cookbook
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!