Enjoy some spooky Evil Cream Horns inspired by the mistress of all evil, Maleficent!
When we think of Maleficent we think of purple and her iconic horns, that’s why these cream horns have a diabolical twist, they have purple blackberry cream inside and black sugar outside, evoking Maleficent’s iconic look.
You can find this recipe on the “Disney Villains: Devilishly Delicious Cookbook” by Julie Tremaine that will debut on July 20! But no worries, you don’t have t wait until then to get your hands on one of it’s delicious recipe because we have it for you! Take a look:
EVIL CREAM HORNS
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 sheets of puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tbsp of water (for egg wash to brush on pastry)
- 4 tbsp (or more) or black decorating sugar
- 2 tsp of plain gelatin
- 3 scant tbsp of water
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp of seedless blackberry preserves
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Purple gel paste (optional)
- 12 blackberries, for garnish
- Prepare the cones. Fold a 12 inch sheet of aluminum foil in half (6 inch square) then roll into a cone shape. Repeat to make 12 cones. You can also use baker’s pastry cone molds. Spray each with cooking spray.
- Unfold thawed puff pastry, and cut each sheet lengthwise into six equal strips. Gently stretch a pastry strip until it’s a few inches longer and more pliable. Wrap pastry around a cone, overlapping to prevent gaps in pastry cones; press to adhere dough to ensure attachment during baking. Seal final edge with egg wash. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place pastry horns, seam sides down, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, allowing space between each.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Brush exposed dough (not the pastry touching paper) with egg wash then sprinkle generously with the black sugar. Place the bowl of a stand mixer in the freezer to chill.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven. Cool pastry on the shaped cones.
- Prepare the cream. In a small heatproof bowl, combine the gelatin and water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Microwave for 10 seconds to liquefy the gelatin; whisk until smooth.
- In the chilled mixer bowl, combine the cream, sugar, preserves, and vanilla. Whip the cream on medium-high, slowly drizzling gelatin into the bowl. Whip just until stiff peaks form. If desired, stir in a little purple gel to enhance color of pastry cream. Chill until ready to use.
- Just before serving, transfer the cream to a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Generously fill each horn, then garnish with a blackberry. Serve immediately (filled cream horns quickly become soggy).
Enjoy! And remember you can pre-order your Disney Villains: Devilishly Delicious Cookbook here now!
Credit: GMA / Disney Villains: Devilishly Delicious Cookbook
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Adorable Winnie The Pooh Apple Pie To Surprise Everyone This Thanksgiving! - November 25, 2021
- Holiday It’s A Small World Cookies To Celebrate Christmas! - November 23, 2021
- Delicious Mickey Mouse Peppermint Cookies To Bake During The Holidays! - November 23, 2021