D23: The Official Disney Fan Club just announced new details about Destination D23 2021 – Walt Disney World!
Special guests and presenters include Disney CEO Bob Chapek, Disney Park, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro, Disney’s acapella sensation DCappella, filmmakers from Encanto, Broadway’s Michael James Scott, a cavalcade of Imagineers, and more will be part of the three-day event at Disney’s Contemporary Resort Friday, November 19 through Sunday, November 21.
Plus, the Walt Disney Archives will be presenting a special exhibition curated just for the event. 50 Years of Bringing Home the Magic is an all-new exhibit that will take guests through a half-century journey of merchandise memories of the Walt Disney World Resort. And Mickey’s of Glendale, the Walt Disney Imagineering campus store, will be returning with a pop-up shop full of items created just for Destination D23.
Destination D23 2021 – Walt Disney World
Friday, November 19 – Sunday, November 21, 2021
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Walt Disney World Resort, FL
Tickets on sale Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. EST / 10:00 a.m. PST
General Seating: $249 (plus $7 processing fee)
Preferred Seating: $399 (plus $7 processing fee)
Join D23: The Official Disney Fan Club at the Biggest Disney Fan Event of the year, as we celebrate 50 years of the Walt Disney World Resort and so much more!
Be the first to hear exciting announcements and see sneak peeks from the many worlds of Disney—and relive your favorite memories with behind-the-scenes stories, special guests, and so much more at this fan-favorite event!
Presentation Highlights of Destination D23 2021 will include*:
- A kickoff welcome presentation with Bob Chapek, CEO, The Walt Disney Company.
- What’s New and What’s Next for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products—Chairman Josh D’Amaro will share what’s new and what’s next for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. The exclusive presentation will feature updates on some of the most anticipated projects around the world. And as D23 Members know, there is always a surprise or two in store!
- A special look at what’s new and next from Disney+!
- Musical Memories of Walt Disney World— A journey through 50 years of the Walt Disney World songbook with Walt Disney Imagineering, revealing the stories behind beloved fan-favorite melodies and a peek into the process of creating new ones.
- Destination D23 audiences will also thrill to performances from Michael James Scott, Genie in Disney on Broadway’s hit Aladdin and Disney’s acapella sensation DCappella.
- The Art and Imagery of Walt Disney World— Dive into the Walt Disney Imagineering Art and Photo collections for a look at over 50 years of the most gorgeous, stunning, and surprising artwork that inspired the most magical place on earth over the years.
- The Magical Musical World of Encanto—Join filmmakers and special guests for a melodic Saturday evening celebration of the upcoming musical, the 60th animated feature from Walt Disney Animation Studios!
- Weird Disney World—The fan-favorite “Weird Disney” returns, as Director of the Walt Disney Archives Becky Cline digs into Disney history to bring you a half century of the wildest and wackiest Walt Disney World moments!
- How the (Disney) World Began—Join Kevin Kern and Steven Vagnini, authors and historians behind A Portrait of Walt Disney World: 50 Years of The Most Magical Place on Earth andDisney Legend Dick Nunis for a look at how Walt Disney’s dreams were translated into the Vacation Kingdom of the World.
- Park Stars: Original Characters of Walt Disney World—Figment, Big Al, the Orange Bird, and Teddi Barra are just a few of the many Disney characters created specifically for Walt Disney World. Join Imagineers Diana Brost and Jason Grandt as they take you on a journey around the “world” to meet many of the fun personalities that appear in Walt Disney World attractions and shows.
Exciting Experiences at Destination D23 2021 will include*:
- The Walt Disney Archives: 50 Years of Bringing Home the Magic—An all-new exhibit curated by the Walt Disney Archives takes you through a half century journey of merchandise memories of the Walt Disney World Resort. From figurines and fanny packs to pins and plush, relive each exciting decade through the souvenirs that brought the Vacation Kingdom of the World home!
- Mickey’s of Glendale—The Walt Disney Imagineering campus store returns with a pop-up shop at the event for attendees, featuring a selection of exclusive Destination D23 and Walt Disney Imagineering merchandise. Trading pins for this event will be offered to attendees through a RSP opportunity.**
- Special Screening—On Friday, November 19, event guests will also be invited to a special screening at Disney Springs.**
- Disney+ Party—Join Disney+ for the grand finale of an incredible weekend with a special celebration you can’t miss!
Plus, more presenters and presentations to be announced soon!
*Please be advised: All schedules, events, and merchandise are subject to change without notice. For the enjoyment of all attendees, access in and out of the Fantasia ballroom may be limited during presentations.
**For the convenience of our event guests, you will be offered the opportunity to reserve a shopping window for Mickey’s of Glendale on Friday, as well as a show time for your screening at Disney Springs on Friday. Details to come closer to the event.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 2021 Begins Tonight - September 3, 2021
- First look at the new Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure line of merch coming soon! - September 3, 2021
- First look at Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure and France Pavilion Expansion - September 3, 2021