Ciao ragazzi! Today we are going to learn how to make a delicious Trenette al Pesto from Luca!
If you love pasta, then you will definitely enjoy this amazing dish from the movie! Director Enrico Casarosa shared his very own recipe of this famous meal featured in Luca! Want to feel like you are enjoying this Trenette al Pesto in the Italian riviera? Us too!
So take a look at this recipe and surprise your family with an amazing Italian dish that will become a must have in your home:
TRENETTE AL PESTO
- 500g of trenette (or any paste you love like linguine, spaguetti, etc)
- 100g of green beans cut in 1inch pieces
- 1 large yellow potato cut in 1inch cubes
- 45 leaves or 50g of basil genovese (round leaves)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 pizzeico (a pinch) of coarse salt
- 2 tbsp of grated parmigiano
- 2 tbsp of grated pecorino
- 1 manciata (handful) or about 30g of pine nuts
- 1/2 bicchiere (glass) or 100ml of extra virgin olive oil
For the Pesto Sauce
- Put basil and the garlic in a marble mortar with a pinch of coarse salt and start mashing with the pestle, then slowly add a bit of oil as you go (if you don’t have a mortar and pestle, you can use a food processor).
- Next, add pine nuts, the grated parmigiano and the grated pecorino. As you continue to add the olive oil, the consistency should be that of a very dense cream, and the quantity of oil needed will vary depending on the mixtures degree of absorption (make sure to not cook your basil, if you use a food processor, don’t let it run too long or it will heat the ingredients).
For the Pasta
- Now its time to boil the water for the pasta!
- Once it boils, add some coarse salt to the pot, throw in the pasta, as well as, the green beans and the potato.
- Drain the pasta once its cooked but still “al dente” not too soft!
- Save a little bit of the paste water for the sauce, place the pesto on the bottom of the serving bowl, add a couple spoonfuls of the pasta water for the pesto!
- Then add the pasta to the bowl with the pesto and mix it well.
- Finally, serve!
Boun appetito a tutti voi!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Delicious Pumpkin Milkshake From Disney’s Wilderness Lodge To Enjoy This Fall! - September 2, 2021
- Disney & Dole Honor Girl Scout Hawaii Winner For Her Courage And Kindness! - September 2, 2021
- Pumpkin Streusel Muffins From Disneyland You Can Make At Home! - August 31, 2021