These Winnie the Pooh Cake Popsicles are too cute to eat!
Inspired by our favorite bear, these treats are light, fluffy and sweet! They are also super easy to make, we are sure everyone in your family will love them.
All you have to do is follow this recipe, have fun and enjoy them!
WINNIE THE POOH CAKE POPSICLES
Vanilla “Hunny” Cake
- 1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of whole milk
- Golden yellow and red gel food coloring
- Nonstick baking spray
- Silicone popsicle baking mold with sticks
- Piping bag or small zip-top bag
- Small kitchen knife
- Small, round piping tip or heart cookie cutter (optional)
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of yellow candy melts
- Pink food marker
- Preheat oven to 325F. Spray the silicone mold generously with baking spray and place on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Place the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer, and beat on medium for 2 minutes until the butter becomes light and fluffy.
- One at a time, add the honey, eggs, and vanilla, beating for about 1 minute on medium in between each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula, and beat all of the ingredients until fully combined (about 3 minutes).
- Alternate between adding the flour mixture and the milk, a little at a time, using a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed, until all ingredients are just combined. Do not over mix. (It’s ok for the batter to be slightly lumpy at this stage because you will be mixing it further by hand when adding the colors).
- Place 1/4 of the batter in a small bowl and add a tiny amount of the red food coloring. Stir until the coloring is completely incorporated into the batter. Transfer to a piping or zip-top bag.
- Add a little golden yellow food coloring to the rest of the batter and stir to completely combine.
- Use the golden yellow batter to fill each popsicle mold a little over 1/3 full (you can scoop the batter into the mold with a spoon).
- Add a popsicle stick to all but 1 mild, and cover it as needed with more batter.
- Cut a small corner off of your piping or zip-top bag, and use the red batter to add Pooh Bear’s shirt to all but 1 popsicle (you will want to leave 1 cavity all yellow in each batch that you bake for the hands, legs, and ears). You can also use a toothpick to draw the shape in the yellow batter before piping as a guide.
- Bake the cake popsicles for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the mold for 10 minutes before carefully removing and transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once the cake is cool, you can use the extra yellow pieces to cut out the hands, ears, and legs. A small round piping tip helps to cut the shapes out or you can use the top of a small heart cookie cutter (and then just use the knife to trim the sides and flatten the bottom). You will need 6 pieces per cake popsicle (the ears and hands are about the same size, and the legs are a little longer).
- Melt the yellow candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl in 30 second intervals at 50% power, stirring in between each set, until the melts are smooth.
- Use a toothpick to add a little of the melts to each piece, and then attach them to your cake popsicles.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the same way that you did the candy melts, and use a toothpick to draw Pooh’s facial features onto the cake.
- Add the blushing cheeks by gently dabbing the cake with the pink food maker.
Credit: Disney Family
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Adorable Winnie The Pooh Apple Pie To Surprise Everyone This Thanksgiving! - November 25, 2021
- Holiday It’s A Small World Cookies To Celebrate Christmas! - November 23, 2021
- Delicious Mickey Mouse Peppermint Cookies To Bake During The Holidays! - November 23, 2021