These Disney Fondue Sticks are perfect to have a yummy and warm fondue during those chilly days!
They inspired in Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Pluto and Goofy, making them the perfect touch of magic to any meal. Want to learn how to make them? Just follow this DIY from Disney Family and have creating these fun Disney fondue sticks that your whole family will love:
DISNEY FONDUE STICKS
- 6 wooden handle fondue sticks
- Painter’s tape
- Acrylic paints, black, white, yellow, red, blue, pink, brown and green
- Scalloped scissors, for Minnie
- Paint markers, white and yellow
- Craft felt, black, white, yellow, red, blue, pink, brown and green
- Piece of black twine, for Minnie
- Black marker
- Removable adhesive glue dots
- Start by wrapping five of the fondue stick handles with painter’s tape, 1/4 of an inch up from the bottom edge of each wood handle. If you have a fondue stick with a red color dot, reserve it for making the Minnie fondue stick, the bump at the top is ideal for making her iconic red hat. Leave one fondue stick free of painter’s tape, to create Pluto.
- Paint the fondue sticks with acrylic paints according to each character’s colors. Paint the areas to the top and bottom of the painter’s tape, then allow to dry completely.
- After the paint has dried, peel off the painter’s tape. Reapply more tape, covering the inner edges of the colors you’ve just painted. Paint the middle section for each character. Allow to try, then remove the tape.
- If making Minnie, use scalloped scissors to cut a piece of the painter’s tape horizontally. Apply the pointy side of the scallop design just under the section on Minnie that is painted red. Paint above the tape with red paint to create a pretty scalloped edge.
- Create dots using a white paint marker. You’ll need to create mini dots for Minnie, and four larger dots as Donald’s buttons. Use a yellow paints marker to create Mickey’s buttons. If you don’t have a paint marker, apply small blobs of yellow paint using a toothpick.
- Create details for your Disney fondue sticks like hats, bows, and ears from craft felt. Sketch the shapes on the felt using a black marker. Cut the shapes out, leaving a bit of the black outline on the cut-out. This will help the shape of your cut-outs stand out. If making Minnie, use a piece of black twine to attach her hat to her daisy. Attach all the felt details to the fondue sticks using adhesive glue dots.
Enjoy your Disney fondue sticks with your whole family!
Credit: Disney Family