“Fantasyland is a place where a very special kind of memory is made: where children just old enough to understand the moment come in contact with princesses and heroes and meet their most beloved friends,” said Meg Crofton, president, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Operations, United States and France.
“We are excited about sharing our treasured stories in new ways and giving guests the opportunity to interact with their favorite characters like never before.”
Last month, the New Fantasyland unwrapped its first openings with one of two Dumbos planned for Storybook Circus, a new train station and The Barnstormer family coaster whimsically re-themed to The Great Goofini (see separate release for additional information).
Announced Friday were next phases:
- Opening of the second Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Indoor interactive area serving the new double attraction
- Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station.
Openings “In time for Holidays 2012″ were also announced by Crofton for:
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Be Our Guest Restaurant
- Gaston’s Tavern
- Ariel’s Grotto
- In addition, Crofton announced plans for a 2014 opening for The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
- Opening Dates Announced for Disney’s Fantasyland Expansion! (chipandco.com)
- Dumbo Flies Again as First Phases of the New Fantasyland Stir to Life (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!