1999 Version of ‘Star Wars Episode 1: Racer’ Coming Soon to Nintendo Switch. The news about the return of Star Wars Episode 1: Racer was cleverly hidden within an announcement from Nintendo and Lucasfilm about the addition of Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy for the Nintendo Switch and was revealed in a snippet at the end of the advertisement.
“Strap into a pod racer and go for first place in Star Wars Episode I: Racer, launching soon for Nintendo Switch,” shared Nintendo.
StarWars.com shared the exciting news with fans and gave this description for the game: “The ’90s classic Star Wars Episode I Racer is coming to Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 complete with modernized controls, Lucasfilm and developer Aspyr announced today. A beloved racing title based on the podracing sequence from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Star Wars Episode I Racer puts you behind the controls of your favorite podracers as you speed through flaming methane lakes, Tusken Raider assaults, anti-gravity tunnels, and much more in a pulse-pounding, do-or-die fight to the finish line.”
Features of Star Wars Episode 1 Racer include:
- 25 playable racers including: Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, and Ratts Tyerell
- Race tracks spanning 8 unique worlds including: Tatooine, Baroonda, and Malastare
- Work with pit droids to upgrade your podracer for higher top speeds and acceleration
- Discover short-cuts and secrets to master your lap times
- Split-screen multiplayer (Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4) and LAN multiplayer (Nintendo Switch)
It is currently unknown when Star Wars Episode 1: Racer will be available on the Nintendo Switch, but the game should be available to play soon! Be sure to check back here at Chip and Co. for all things Star Wars!
Featured Photo Credit: Nintendo/Lucasfilm
Source: StarWars.comFor more Disney News follow us on Instagram @chipandco on Twitter @chipandcompany and on Facebook or Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.