What could be more important then a little something to eat?
We are with Pooh on this one because these Winnie the Pooh Cream Puffs look delicious!! They are made of a light airy pastry paired with a crispy cookie shell and delicate, sweet filling. Plus they are super adorable and easy to make!
- For Cookie Crust:
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- For Cream Puff Pastry:
- 1 cup of water
- 8 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- For Honey Whipped Cream & Decorations:
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Yellow gel food coloring
- 2 tbsp of dark chocolate chips, melted
- Parchment paper
- Circle cookie cutter
- Piping bags
- Round piping tips (#1A and #8)
- Let’s start with the cookie crust. Mix the unsalted butter and light brown sugar until combined. Than add the all-purpose flour and mix until crumbled dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a working surface and knead it together until a solid round of dough forms. Then place it in between 2 pieces of parchment paper and roll flat.
- Cut circles using the cookie cutter (around 16). Let the dough cool in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 425F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or baking mats.
- To make the cream puff pastry, combine water, butter and salt in a medium saucepan and heat until the butter has melted and then bring it to a rolling boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the flour all at once, stirring vigorously.
- Return the pan to the stove and cook over medium heat, keep stirring until the mix is smooth. After this, you should be able to form a ball of dough.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a stand mixer and beat in the eggs, 1 at a time.
- Add the batter to a piping bag and pipe 2″ circles onto the prepared baking sheets. Make sure to space them out about 3-4″ apart so they have room to expand.
- Take the cookie crust dough out from the fridge and place each circle gently on top of the piped cream puffs. This will allow the cookie to become a crust.
- Bake the pastries for 20-25 minutes or until they’re a medium golden brown. Remember to not open the oven while they’re baking or they may deflate!
- Remove the puffs from the oven and place them on a rack to cool.
- Now to make the honey whipped cream filling, pour the cream into a mixing bowl and begin to whip it on high speed with a whisk attachment for about 5 minutes.
- Add the honey, vanilla and a couple drops of yellow food coloring and mix it on low speed until it’s just incorporated.
- Fill a pastry bag with your filling, then carefully slice off the top of each cream puff and fill the center using a large, round pipping tip (#1A) inserted into the pastry bag.
- Fill each until a round mount forms that’s the shape of Pooh’s head.
- Use another pastry bag fitted with a smaller round tip (#8) and pipe 2 ears on the top of his head and 2 feet on the bottom. Then place the top layer of pastry onto Pooh’s head.
- Using the melted dark chocolate chips, draw Pooh’s facial features with a toothpick.
Credit: Disney Family
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Adorable Winnie The Pooh Apple Pie To Surprise Everyone This Thanksgiving! - November 25, 2021
- Holiday It’s A Small World Cookies To Celebrate Christmas! - November 23, 2021
- Delicious Mickey Mouse Peppermint Cookies To Bake During The Holidays! - November 23, 2021