Last night kicked off the return of Disney’s Villains After Hours event. This is a special ticketed event that is at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom and happens after park close from 9 PM-12 AM on Friday, February 21, 2020 and Friday, March 6, 2020, and 10 PM- 1 AM on select nights after those dates. There are fun villainous snacks, a stage show, and a small parade all exclusive to this event. Here’s a look at what you can expect at Villains After Hours.
About Villains After Hours
Villains After Hours begins when the Magic Kingdom closes for guests not attending. There are a limited about of tickets sold so that guests who attend can experience the park with very minimal crowds. You can find dates for this event here. The tickets are $145 a piece plus tax per person if purchased ahead. Tickets are $155 per person plus tax if purchased day of the event. There are discounts for annual passholders and DVC members. Villains After Hours will run on select days until July 10th.
Villains After Hours Food And Beverages
There are wickedly good treats available during this special event. You can read all about the special Villains After Hours food and beverage offerings here.
Wicked Event Merchandise
Along with Villains After Hours exclusive food and beverage items are a fun collection of Villains Merchandise. We shared all the details and fun merchandise in this article.
Frightfully Fun Entertainment
There’s an amazing stage show during Villains After Hours. Villains Unite the Night features five fan-favorite villains in a song and dance show all about being wicked. The show runs twice during the event at 10:00 PM and 11:30 PM at the castle. This show is really good and since it’s exclusive to the party as well you don’t want to miss it.
Brand new this year to Villains After Hours is the Villains Cursed Caravan. This is a small parade of some other favorite villains. Gaston, Cruella, Oogie Boogie and others make their way around the park at 10:30 and 11:45. A fun tip is to watch the first stage show and immediately turn to find a spot for this caravan.
There’s a really fun DJ and dance party at the castle throughout the night. It was a fun way to let loose and wait for the stage show.
FREE MICKEY ICE CREAM
You read that heading correct, one of the perks of attending a Villains After Hours event is the unlimited and free Mickey ice cream bars, ice cream sandwiches, popcorn, and drinks. This is included with your special event ticket. The other specialty food and beverages are not free. They do come with an additional price. So make sure to come ready to indulge in some delicious treats.
Special Photo Opportunities
There are several fun Photopass opportunities throughout the night. Here’s a list of what you can look for.
- Villains After Hours Sign- right on Main Street is a Photopass Photographer with the Villains After Hours Sign
- Maleficent and Magic Mirror- these two photo opportunities are together and located behind Cinderella’s Castle towards Pinocchio’s Village Haus
- Scar- there’s a special magic shot with Scar in Frontierland
- Oogie Boogie- a special Oogie Boogie magic shot is located in Tomorrowland
- Glass Slipper- the glass slipper made its debut last night but will only be available through February and is the only one not exclusive to Villains After Hours
- Other fun photo ops- there are some other fun photo opportunities scattered throughout the park. The Queen of Hearts is near the Mad Tea Party
We had such an amazing time at Villains After Hours. It was a really fun experience and we would definitely go again. The crowds were very light and the entertainment was amazing. The added villains made it really special in comparison to a regular After Hours event. If you’re wanting to visit the Magic Kingdom and not worry about long wait times and maybe get away from the heat of the day this is an event you would love. The park really felt empty and the atmosphere was so much fun.
Don’t forget to say farewell to your favorite villains on the way out. They were hilarious and ended the night on a plus.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Universal Orlando Resort Launches New Limited-Time Offer - February 25, 2021
- Jurassic World VelociCoaster Merchandise now Available in Universal Orlando - February 24, 2021
- Universal Orlando Refurb and Closure Schedule for March - February 21, 2021