‘WandaVision‘ Officially Introduces the Multiverse for the MCU. WARNING: This post contains MAJOR SPOILERS for WandaVision. If you do not wish to have aspects of the series ruined for you we recommend you stop reading past this point. Thank-you!
Though Spider-Man: Far From Home discusses the possibility of Multiverse travel, it was proven that Mysterio fabricated his story and was not actually from a parallel universe. Even though Mysterio was lying, we now know the Multiverse is a very real thing within the MCU and saw our first confirmation in the latest episode, “On a Very Special Episode…” with the confirmed appearance of Evan Peters as “Pietro” Maximoff, though Evan played Peter Maximoff in the Marvel-Fox X-Men films.
For those who watched the episode we know that Wanda claims she did not make whoever was at the door appear, so how did “Pietro” return? There are many theories as to how this occurred, with leading speculations including:
- Peter accidentally travelled into the main timeline for the MCU after traveling too quickly
- Wanda was possibly lying and accidentally brought him back while dealing with her grief again
- “Pietro” might be another Marvel character in disguise trying to gain Wanda’s trust
- Or, my personal favorite theory, that the twins Billy and Tommy brought him into their world after seeing their mother upset after talking about her brother who was “far away” and wanted to cheer her up. (Sorry, not sorry, but that is ADORABLE if it is true!)
Regardless of the “how” we do know that this is the first official connection to the X-Men films in the MCU and that is a huge deal!
We don’t want to speculate too much into the series and potentially ruin the story, but it seems WandaVision was the nexus for the main timeline entering the Multiverse, with hints strewn about the MCU in Phases 1-3. Phase 4 of the MCU is going to be a wild ride and the set up and integration between WandaVision, Homecoming 3 and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is bound to spin a few webs and connect stories we never thought possible until now.
This could also mean WandaVision will introduce the apparent “Spider-Verse” coming in the next Tom Holland led Spider-Man film, being dubbed Homecoming 3 by Marvel Studios. Which storylines would you like to see in Phase 4? Are you excited to explore the Multiverse? Who else do you think we will see in the upcoming films and shows? We would love to hear your thoughts in the comments.
Be sure to check back here at Chip and Co. for updates and all things Marvel!
Featured Photo Credit: Marvel Studios/Disney+
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Everything Coming to Disney+ in February 2022 - January 10, 2022
- Full House Stars React to the Passing of Bob Saget - January 10, 2022
- Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire Snuck into a Theater for the Premiere of “Spider-Man: No Way Home” - January 10, 2022