As big Disney fans, we all know that from time to time, our beloved rides go out for refurbishment so it can be even better the next time we experience them. Hey, even Cinderella needs some help from her fairy godmother to get done up for the ball! Here is our most updated list of scheduled refurbishments as we close out 2015. Hopefully this will help you in planning your upcoming trip to the World!
One thing to note for those staying onsite – most of the Disney World pools will be closed for refurbishments due to the cold temperatures so be sure to check our list below to see if yours will be affected.
The Walt Disney World Resort Monorail System is undergoing refurbishment and may be on modified service and/or routes. If you are planning to use this form of transportation during your visit you should check to be sure of the best option available on your day of travel, as alternative transportation options will be available.
Magic Kingdom Park
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover: Dec. 7 – 10, 2015
- Splash Mountain: Jan. 10 – 14, 2016
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin: Jan. 18 – Feb. 11, 2016
- Liberty Square Riverboat: Jan. 18 – 22, 2016
- Mad Tea Party: Feb. 22 – 26, 2016
- Re-Imagination of Maelstrom: Oct. 15, 2014 – Apr. 30, 2016
- Sum of All Thrills: Nov. 30 – Dec. 4, 2015
- Soarin’: Jan. 4, 2016 – Summer 2016
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Pizza Planet: Jan. 11 – Late 2016
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Kali River Rapids: Jan. 4 – Feb. 11, 2016
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
- Annual Refurbishment: Jan. 3 – Mar. 12, 2016
Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park
- Annual Refurbishment: Oct. 4, 2015 – Jan. 2, 2016
Walt Disney World Resorts
Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Bay Cove Pool: Feb. 1 – Mar. 18, 2016
Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
- Surfboard Bay Pool: Jan. 25 – 28, 2016
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
- Uzima Pool & Area: Dec. 14 – 16, 2015
Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Soft Goods Rehab: Jan. 22 – Aug. 17, 2016
Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Exterior Repair and Painting: Aug. 17, 2015 – May 5, 2016
- Luna Park Pool: Jan. 11 – Feb. 2, 2016
- Flying Fish Restaurant: Feb. 1 – Sep. 30, 2016
Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Guest Villa Renovations through Spring 2016
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Old Port Royale – Path of Travel Impacts: Nov. 30 – Dec. 20, 2015
- Guests in some parts of Martinique and Trinidad North may experience some construction noise: Jan. 3 – Feb. 28, 2016
- Jamaica Pool: Jan. 6 – 8, 2016
- Martinique Quiet Pool: Jan. 11 – 13, 2016
- Fuentes del Morro Pool: Jan. 13 – 16, 2016
- Trinidad North Quiet Pool: Jan. 27 – 29, 2016
- Trinidad South Quiet Pool: Feb. 3 – 5, 2016
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Courtyard Pool: Jan. 16 – 19, 2016
Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort
- Pool Slide: Feb. 1 – 17, 2016
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Sandcastle Pool: Jan. 4 – 6, 2016
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- General Construction: during this time, guests will observe construction taking place and certain pathways and buildings may be unavailable – through early 2016
- East Pool closed for enhancement; guests may see or hear work in progress from now through early 2016
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
- French Quarter Kiddie Pool: Sep. 29 – Dec. 24, 2015
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Ol’ Man Island Pool: Jan. 11 – Feb. 29, 2016
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Grandstand Pool: Jan. 20 – 22, 2016
Disney’s Vero Beach Resort
- Fitness Center: Dec. 7 – 19, 2015
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge & Villas
- Due to multiple general resort refurbishment projects, guests will notice construction work in various areas. Noise may be overheard while this work is being completed, but construction will not begin until after 9 a.m. Certain pathways, including the nature trail, will be unavailable. The Hidden Springs leisure pool area (the leisure pool at The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge), resort beach, playground, Marina and Recreation fire pit will be unavailable. Refurbishment activities expected through 2017.
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Concierge Lounge through early December
Buena Vista Palace
- Due to multiple general resort refurbishment projects, guests will notice construction work in various areas.
- Front Desk renovation – a temporary Front Desk will be functional – through Feb. 2016
- Video arcade will close to make room for a new Grab and Go outlet – through Feb. 2016
- Through June 2016, the pool will be unavailable. The spa pool, located in the main tower will remain open for all guests. Additionally, neighboring hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd. will allow Buena Vista Palace guests to use their pools during this time. Watercress Café will be closed during this time, however, the one80 Sports Bar and Restaurant will be open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
- Guest room renovation work is scheduled to take place between 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily. No guests will be accommodated in the renovation area as to minimize impact on the guest experience. Oct. 2015 – Dec. 21, 2015 and June 2016 – September 2016.
- Roadwork on Buena Vista Drive – through March 2016. Due to heavy roadwork, expect delays on Buena Vista Drive. It is recommended that guests use complimentary Walt Disney World Resort transportation from the parks and resorts to Disney Springs and plan to arrive early for reserved dining and entertainment experiences.
- Planet Hollywood Jan. 6 – Summer 2016
As always, this is the latest and greatest that we have, but information and dates are subject to change without notice. Please check back here at Chip & Co for our regular refurb updates.
Hi there, I’m Myra and I’m a huge Disney nerd and addict! I’m also an Independent Travel Agent at World of Magic Travel, the preferred agency of Chip and Co. and Disney Addicts. As a travel agent, it is my job to be aware of refurbs that may affect your trip, as well as give you tips on how to make the most of your vacation. I’m happy to help you plan your upcoming trip to Disney, at no cost to you! Please visit my page or send me an email at email@example.com to get started!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!