Sometimes, parents who take their small children to Walt Disney World are met with curious comments such as, “They are too little for the rides,” or “There isn’t much there for babies.” Don’t fret! There is actually a lot of rides and attractions that are perfectly suitable and accommodating for toddlers and babies. There are even fun dining experiences you can have with tiny tots! Disney is designed for families of all ages. Sure, there are some rides with height requirements that your little ones won’t be able to ride, but there are plenty that are designed with the littlest of visitors in mind. Here is a list of the top ten rides that babies and toddlers can go on at Walt Disney World:
10. The Seas with Nemo and Friends: ride in a clam shell car through an aquarium show featuring your favorite sea creatures from the animated film as well as sea life from Epcot’s Living Seas.
9. Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid is also a clam shell car ride. Travel gently through Ariel’s story as you experience all your favorite moments and music from the classic animated film (New Fantasyland, Magic Kingdom).
8. Triceratops Spin: this gentle ride takes you and your little one on an elevated carousel of triceratops dinosaurs. (Dinoland USA, Animal Kingdom)
7. Prince Charming’s Regal Carousel is a classic ride for all ages. Some horses do not rise up and down, and there are also benches that remain stable during the relaxing ride. (Behind Cinderella’s Castle in Fantasyland, Magic Kingdom)
6. Gran Fiesta featuring the Three Caballeros: A very gentle boat ride that highlights Mexican heritage and culture as you search for Donald Duck while helping his two feathered friends, Jose Carioca and Panchito Pistoles. (Mexico pavilion, World Showcase, Epcot)
5. Journey Into Imagination with Figment is a ride that teaches about your five senses as you join the friendly purple dragon (named Figment) on a tour of the Imagination Labs. Warning: the song, One Little Spark” is very catchy and you might find yourself humming it throughout the day.
4. The Jungle Cruise is an outdoor, slow boat ride that features animatronic wildlife and indigenous people described to you by a tour guide who tells undoubtedly hilarious jokes throughout your journey into the wild jungles. (Adventureland, Magic Kingdom)
3. Dumbo the Flying Elephant is perhaps the most iconic and classic ride for all ages that visit Walt Disney World. Fly with Dumbo and make magical memories! (Storybook Circus, New Fantasyland, Magic Kingdom)
2. Peter Pan’s Flight: “Hold on tight, here we gooooo!” Join Peter Pan and Wendy on an adventure through all your favorite scenes and music from the classic Disney animated film as you ride above London and Neverland in your very own pirate ship! (Fantasyland, Magic Kingdom)
1. It’s a Small World is a must for all families visiting Walt Disney World. This boat ride takes you through colorful, vibrant rooms of singing and dancing animatronic dolls dressed in traditional cultural and ethnic attire as they sing the catchy tune “It’s a Small World” in several different languages. Just try not to sing along!
There are plenty more rides that are suitable for babies and toddlers; these are just a few of my favorites that I have fond memories of riding with my own children when they were very young. What rides do you like to take your little ones on?