Character Dining is a vital part of your Walt Disney World experience! Once your vacation is booked, your first countdown is 180 days to make those beloved dining reservations. One of the things that makes Disney World magical is the endless options of restaurants, including Character Dining! You can sit down, relax and enjoy a meal while some of your favorite characters stop by, have some fun, give some autographs and of course strike a pose. What’s not to love? You have to take some time out of your day to eat, so take some time out of standing in line to meet some characters while you’re at it! Obviously the cuisine, location and ambience might influence what Character Dining you select. So here is my Top 5 Walt Disney World Character Dining Spots.
5. O’hana (Polynesian Village Resort) – You’ll be whisked into a Hawaiian atmosphere and get to enjoy an “All-You-Care-To-Enjoy” Breakfast with your cousins. Wait, What? Cousins? Well, I mean after all ‘Ohana means family. Family means no one is left behind – or forgotten.” So there, you are a ‘cousin’. Food is good and plentiful with a South Pacific twist. Daughters love the Mickey Waffles. My favorite was the P.O.G. – Passion Fruit, Orange, and Guava Juice. Hawaiian Style Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch will make there rounds for an unforgettable interaction.
4. Crystal Palace (Magic Kingdom) – You can score big with this one. While making Breakfast reservations, if yours happens to be right at-or before- park opening, you will get to go into the park before Rope Drop! Frolic in front of the castle, march down Main Street but whatever you do take advantage of those photo opportunities! Once you get venture into the whimsical world of Hundred Acre Wood for their “Friendship Day Celebration” You get to enjoy their Breakfast Buffet. Which has food, on top of food, on top of more food. Pooh’s corner, fruit, pastries, omelet station, meats, potatoes and more. Wear pants with an elastic waist on this day. While you are stuffing your face, friendly faces come by your table including Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet and the Pooh bear himself! The kids can even join them in a little parade around the Crystal Palace, so parents get a few minutes for good photo ops, or to get a few bites in peace. A pretty good way to start your day with your favorite hunny lovin’ friend you grew up with!
3. Mickeys Backyard BBQ (Fort Wilderness) – Yes! Who doesn’t want to grub on some down home country cookin’! Enjoy the all-you-care-to-enjoy BBQ feast, rope tricks and boot, scoot n boogie around the dance floor to a live western band with your favorite friends! Minnie, Mickey, Goofy and Chip n Dale join in on this finger lickin’ boot stompin’ good time. After shuffling around the dance floor you may become parched, so quench your thirst with lemonade, fruit punch and soft drinks, plus complimentary wine and beer for Guests 21 years of age and up (proper ID required). Whatttt! Oh but that’s not the best part.. As if this wasn’t already well worth it, finish it off with a Mickey’s Ice Cream Bar. That’s right! I reckon that sounds like a good evening for kids and adults alike!
2. Cinderella’s Royal Table (Magic Kingdom) – All those years you grew up staring in awe at Cinderella’s castle. Dreaming of one day stepping inside, well that dream can become reality! (Maybe a stop at BBB or Pirates League before dining) Join Cinderella and her friends in the heart of Magic Kingdom at the Iconic Castle. A royal experience your little prince or princess will be sure to love. Since it’s a character dining all day, if you choose breakfast you could score with frolicking and marching around before the crowd with early reservations. Breakfast is an “all-you-care-to-eat”, lunch and dinner is menu style. Cinderella will be awaiting your arrival and treat you like royalty for a photo op. Other princesses will be inside roaming the castle and greeting you during your meal. I will say that I wasn’t that impressed with the food, but for this, You are paying for the experience. A well worth it experience, at least once! You will get to meet a few princesses while dining inside the Castle while your child will be in shock and awe! If you’re planning on celebrating or popping any certain questions, they have packages to help you as well! (CRT is a pretty tough reservation to get, so if you can’t get it, but your DA absolutely must dine with royalty or their life is ruined forever, try Akershus at Epcot! Pretty much the same scenario but they have a princess parade where the little ones can join in on a parade. One of my daughters favorite memories.)
1. 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian) – The winner here is Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner. At first I only made the reservations just to go to the Grand Floridian Resort since I don’t know if I’ll ever get to sleep there. I left with it being my favorite Character Dining. You will have a ball with Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia and Drizella at this delicious buffet, it’s not the biggest, but rather good and includes some sushi. The interactions here are one of the best! The sisters and Lady Tremaine on the hunt to find their prince, while not keeping quiet about their feelings towards Cinderella’s happily ever after, Prince Charming and Cinderella will enjoy a dance and invite others to partake. Oh and don’t ask how Anastasia’s singing lessons are coming along! This is a great way to have a great dinner and check off some great character meets without waiting in lines at the parks!
Feeling a little curious? I also enjoy breakfast here, so I’m going to cheat and add the Supercalifragilistic Breakfast is also a delightful breakfast. With these special variety of characters, you’d be mad not to go! Alice, Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Tigger and Pooh!
*All characters are always subject to change, so please keep that in mind.
How did my top 5 compare to yours? Do you have the same list or is there another Must do to add?
My name is Jamie Porter and I’m a local to WDW and of course a Disney Addict like you! I’m also an independent travel agent with World of Magic Travel the preferred agency of Chip & Co. Let me help you plan your next trip and ensure the best deals and tips and tricks to planning! Feel free to follow me on Facebook – click here or email me Jamieporter@worldofmagictravel.com.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!