Trails End Restaurant is a home-style, frontier themed buffet located at Disney World’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. While often overlooked, Trails End is one of my favorite restaurants and retreats at the resort.
Here are my Top 5 reasons why!
5. Arcade-I know this may not sound like a big deal, or even a plus, but for parents with school-age kids, you know it is! Tucked near the back of this restaurant is a great little arcade, so the noise and craziness is kept away from those dining. I think it’s great because if the adults are still eating, or are wanting to relax before heading back to the, the kids can entertain themselves!
4. Setting-As Trails End is located at the Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, it offers a cozy, rustic setting! It is a buffet, but unlike many at WDW, it doesn’t offer characters. While this may sound like a con, it’s not! This buffet is rarely as crazy and chaotic; and when I eat here with my family, I feel like we’re enjoying a comfy family meal, but we don’t have to do the dishes here! Also be sure to pay attention to the old stove and other surfaces used for the buffet, it definitely adds to the old-fashioned, pioneer feel.
3. Accessibility-If you’re looking for some flexibility in your mealtimes, or you don’t want to deal with reservations, Trails End may be for you. Except at popular dining times, it’s pretty easy to get into. Also, it’s not far from the Fort Wilderness boat dock, which means it’s only a short boat ride from the Magic Kingdom or Wilderness Lodge!
2. Food-The fare here keeps with pioneer theme as the buffet features such dishes as fried chicken, ribs, country veggies, pastas, hearty desserts, and much more! If your taste buds can’t take anymore theme park burgers and fries or your stomach can’t handle any more rich dishes, Trails End’s buffet has the comfort food you crave! It’s also just plain delicious and definitely one of Disney’s better buffets! Finally, for all of you Southerners out there, Trails End is one of the few Disney World restaurants to offer GOOD sweet tea; and when you’ve had the real stuff, you know that the instant tea is no substitute.
1. Price-Lastly, Trails End is a great deal! Buffets can be a little on the pricey side at WDW; but compared to the Disney standard meal prices, Trails End is definitely easier on the wallet. This is especially true if you play your cards right. For example, I have learned that visiting here for lunch is cheaper and the food on the buffet is pretty much the same as it is at dinner and it’s still all-you-can-eat. So visit at lunch and save some dough!
So what do you think about Trails End now? Have you ever had a meal here? Let me know!
- Resorts: A Walk Around Wilderness Lodge (aglassslippervacation.com)
- Planning an “Off Day” at Disney’s Fort Wilderness
- The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!