Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa is known to offer luxury with a generous helping of Disney magic, as well as a variety delicious restaurants to choose from!
A big favorite at the Grand Floridian, especially for families with young children, is 1900 Park Fare! This restaurant is open for breakfast and dinner; and in addition to offering two differerent menus, it also offers two different character experiences!
So here are my top 5 reasons why you should visit 1900 Park Fare during your next trip to Walt Disney World.
5. Setting-Dining anywhere in this gorgeous, elegant resort makes you feel as if you are living the life of luxury! I’ve found that guests tend to dress up more when they come to dine at 1900 Park Fare; and I think that the decor has a lot to do with that. Once you’re inside the restaurant, you will find a large dining room, along with a few side rooms, with muted pink and cream color palette giving the room a vintage feel with a touch of whimsy. It fits both the resort’s theming, and the fact that this is a character restaurant. Also, keep an eye open for a massive, decorated organ known as Big Bertha which calls this restaurant home!
4. Character Variety-1900 Park Fare offers a variety of rare characters for just one restaurant. For example, at the Supercalifragilistic Breakfast, you can visit with Mary Poppins, the Mad Hatter, and Alice from Alice in Wonderland! Then, for Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner, you can meet with Cinderella, Prince Charming, and her family consisting of Lady Tremaine (the evil stepmother) and Anastasia and Drizella (ugly step-sisters)!
3. Strawberry Soup-1900 Park Fare is famous for their Strawberry Soup, a pink, cold dish that has to be experienced when you visit this dining establishment. Some are crazy about it, some are not; but it’s part of the experience to determine which side of the line you will fall!
2. Cinderella’s Royal Table Substitute-Probably the most popular restaurant on WDW property is Cinderella’s Royal Table, a character meal located inside the iconic Cinderella Castle. Naturally, every parent with their own little princess wants to land a reservation here; but due to its popularity, it’s rarely an easy feat. Therefore, if you can’t get into the castle for a magical meal, 1900 Park Fare makes a great substitute in that your child still gets to meet with Cinderella in a feminine, elegant setting. Plus, at a certain point during your dinner, music will play and the Cinderella characters will hold a short ball in the dining room! Kids are welcome to join the dancing, and they might even get to dance with the characters themselves!
1. Fun for Everyone-Naturally, any little girl is going to enjoy meeting Cinderella and Prince Charming at this character meal. But unlike other character meals on property, I bet that adults will enjoy this one more than others in that Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, and Drizella are hilarious! Warning: They may interact with you! During my experience, Lady Tremaine forbade anyone to touch her during the photo; and Anastasia tried to flirt with my brother seeing how Prince Charming had chosen Cinderella over her for some reason she couldn’t figure out. Anastasia and Drizella would also amusingly talk about Prince Charming behind their hands and would whine to their mother if something went wrong! So while the little princesses at your table will be thrilled in that she is dining in a fairytale, you and the other adults at your table will enjoy watching the antics of the characters.
In addition to the characters, I believe this restaurant is a great pick for the whole family in that it is a buffet. This means that there is something for everyone and as much as they want!
So what do you think? Would you like to check out 1900 Park Fare? Be sure to let us know or share your experiences!
- Dining: 1900 Park Fare (aglassslippervacation.com)
- Table Service in the Parks vs. the Resorts – Which is Better? Part 1
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.