While Disneyland and Disney World share many of the same attractions, there are several that are unique to each resort. Even though I’m a frequent visitor to Walt Disney World, Disneyland’s history and fantastic attractions hold a lot of appeal for me; and there are several attractions at Disneyland that I wish I didn’t have to fly all the way to the West Coast to see. So check out my Top 5 list of Disneyland Attractions I Would Like to See at Disney World!
1. Indiana Jones Adventure-This attraction looks awesome! You board a transport that sounds similiar to that you find at Animal Kingdom’s Dinosaur and venture into the Temple of the Forbidden Eye where Indiana Jones has disappeared! You will encounter giant snakes, lava, and booby traps on your thrilling, action-packed adventure! While I enjoy the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular at Hollywood Studios, this just sounds awesome; and I can’t help but think Animal Kingdom could use something like this. Do you agree?
2. Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular-This Broadway-style show performed by live actors is located at Disney’s California Adventure and is truly spectacular! Disney employs puppetry, dancing, sets, and some incredible sights and effects, such as when Aladdin and Jasmine fly over the audience on a magic carpet and Aladdin parades into Agrabah via elephant through the theater aisles. Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular sounds amazing and I would definitely want to see this at Disney World!
3. Disney Animation-I know Hollywood Studios in Disney World has a Magic of Disney Animation attraction at Animation Courtyard; but Disneyland’s is on a whole other level with incredible detail, design, and special effects! Disney Animation at the California Adventure is like a whole pavilion containing different areas. My favorite is the Sorcerer’s Workshop, an interactive, immersive environment, where you visit Ursula’s Grotto, the Beast’s Library, and the medieval, Magic Mirror Realm! If Disney World ever decides to renovate their Disney Animation attraction, I would suggest taking some notes from Disneyland’s!
4. Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage-I miss the original 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea attraction that used to be in Fantasyland at Disney World; and I am thrilled that Disneyland has found a way to update theirs to suit today’s audiences. Located in Disneyland’s Tomorrowland, this attraction takes you under the sea to investigate an erupting undersea volcano! Along the way, there are many sights to see, including characters from Finding Nemo. I wish there was some way that Disney World can experience a classic attraction with a Pixar twist!
5. Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough-This attraction actually lets you climb winding staircases and wander inside Sleeping Beauty Castle! Awesome, right? Who wouldn’t want to venture inside a castle? Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough lets you experience the story of Sleeping Beauty through artwork and special effects. I think this would make a really cool attraction at Disney World, but maybe with characters and audio-animatronics added in and a Cinderella twist of course. I know I would definitely wait to see it!
So what do you think? What Disneyland attractions would you like to see at Disney World? Do you think Disney World could use some of these attractions?