If you have ever been to Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon, you know that Disney water parks are like no other! They are also a great way to get some relief from the intense, summertime heat. Just like Disney’s theme parks, there are a lot of things to do and see so check out my Top 5 Disney Water Park Attractions!
1. Surf Pool-Typhoon Lagoon’s wave pool is probably the best in the world. For one, it’s massive with plenty of space to relax or splash with no waiting in line! Secondly, it generates 6 foot waves every 90 seconds! Typhoon Lagoon even hosts surfing lessons in the pool at times, if that gives you any indication at how awesome these waves are. If this sounds too intense, the waves are much gentler near the shore of the pool so there’s fun for the whole family.
2. Cross Country Creek-Blizzard Beach’s lazy river encircles the whole park and lets you float along a gentle stream past witty remnants of the ski resort and other witty sights, such as a snow blower spouting blasts of water at guests! Cross Country Creek even takes guests through Mount Gushmore via an icy cave!
3. Summit Plummet-This water slide is the tallest in the world dropping guests down what appears to be a ski jump at 50 to 60 mph! It’s also Blizzard Beach’s icon. Due to it’s extreme height and speed, this slide is a big draw for thrill junkies.
4. Teamboat Springs-This family raft ride at Blizzard Beach seats 4 to 6 guests and takes them on a winding ride down a huge, long slide! This particular slide is one of the longest family raft rides in the world and it really is a blast for the whole family. You’re sure to be laughing all the way to the bottom!
5. Crush n’ Gusher-Located at Typhoon Lagoon, this slide is an water coaster where water jets propel you up and down for a unique, water slide experience! Crush n’ Gusher is designed to look like an old fruit processing center and has three different slides offering different rides. Two of the three slides can even accomodate three guests!
What Disney World water park attraction is at the top of your list?
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Selected as Host Site for World’s Largest Swimming Lesson
- Ten Tips for Staying Cool at Disney World This Summer
- Blizzard Beach (aglassslippervacation.com)
- Disney Guests Can Take a Cooling Plunge at Two of America’s Most Popular Water Parks (chipandco.com)
- Exclusive Disney World Late Summer Offers (chipandco.com)