Disney World is known for being one of the best places to eat safely with a food allergy, Celiac disease or other special dietary needs. Not only can guests dine out safely, but they also get a chance to experience some of the best culinary delights in the world! Even though most of the restaurants on Disney property can accommodate food allergies, some restaurants really shine at making amazing dishes for guests with food allergies. Here is a list of the top 10 places to eat with food allergies at Walt Disney World.
10. Be Our Guest Restaurant: This restaurant, located in the , offers guests a really unique opportunity to dine. At lunch, it is a quick service dining location while at dinner it becomes a full table service. Perhaps the most exciting thing about this location is its quick service lunch offerings. Guests with various special diets can let cast members know and the system “magically” tells you what dishes are safe to eat. The menu at lunch provides French inspired fare that is more than just burgers and fries. If you are gluten free, this location even offers gluten free cream puffs. They’re delicious! Don’t believe us….well, you know the rest!
9. Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory: This restaurant, located at Port Orleans French Quarter Resort, offers New Orleans inspired quick service meals. Guests with special diets may think this location is off-limits with its beignets and rouxs. But it turns out this location is one of the best places to score a tasty meal. Most of the menu can be easily made gluten free. And best of all? You can actually get beignets that are gluten free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, and vegan! As they say in New Orleans, “Let the good times roll!”
8. Hollywood Brown Derby: This signature dining location found at Disney’s offers guests a taste of old Hollywood. You’ll feel like you’ve been transported back in time, sharing Cobb salads with Lucille Ball and Humphrey Bogart. And guests with special diets can actually enjoy the Cobb Salad here safely. The chefs here are adept at making customized dishes for guests with all sorts of dietary needs. They even have a pastry department that can whip up a special diets dessert easily.
7. Sunshine Seasons: Located at , this quick service location offers a bounty of seasonal meal options for guests with food allergies and special dietary needs. The restaurant is divided into various stations, making it easy to find options that are safe to eat. In addition, the grill station is entirely gluten free. Guests will also get a chance to talk to a Disney chef instead of a manager which adds to the unique touches this quick service location provides.
6. Kouzzina: Located at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort, Kouzzina is celebrity chef Cat Cora’s Mediterranean inspired restaurant. Featuring an impressive menu, it’s sure to please guests who dine here both for breakfast and dinner. Breakfast here has quickly become one of the best on Disney property, and they are known for their allergy friendly Mickey waffles and turkey sweet potato hash. Dinner provides an upscale experience that gives guests a taste of unique flavors with high quality ingredients. This is a terrific place for customized dishes and even specialty desserts. Opa!
5. Sanaa: Nestled in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Kidani Village, Sanaa is the hidden gem of Disney dining. It’s also an amazing place to dine with special dietary needs. The majority of the menu is gluten free and much of it is dairy free. They even have special menus for guests with specific food allergies. Guests who are vegetarian or vegan will have a bounty of options to choose from. Try the bread sampler (with lentil pappadums for those who are gluten free) with lots of Indian and African inspired dips while you sip an African Starr Mint Mojito and watch the animals outside the restaurant. It’s a Sanaa must do!
4. ‘Ohana: ‘Ohana means family, and family style fare is what’s served at this table service dining location. Located in Disney’s Polynesian Resort, the theme of this meal is Polynesian & Asian inspired. Servers come to the table with giant skewers of meat and other dishes for all to share. This sounds like it would be nearly impossible for guests with a special diet to enjoy; however, Disney magic ensures that guests get to enjoy this experience and dine safely. The chefs will work with you to create a custom meal that reflects the theme. Several items cooked on the open oak fires are even safe. Vegan? No problem, vegetarian and vegan diners can get some terrific offerings, including vegan sushi. Plan on eating light the rest of the day; you’ll leave this restaurant stuffed.
3. Columbia Harbour House: This quick service location found in the Magic Kingdom is excellent for food allergies. In fact, they even carry a special menu that guests are given upon arrival. How cool is that? They are most known for their allergy friendly chicken tenders which are fried in a dedicated fryer. What can be better than that?!
2. Raglan Road Irish Pub: Being allergy friendly isn’t necessarily the first thing one thinks about when you talk about Irish Pubs; however, Raglan Road Irish Pub, located in Downtown Disney, is a full on feast for guests who have special dietary needs. Gluten free, dairy free fish and chips? Check! Vegan options? Double check! Perhaps it’s the luck of the Irish that makes this place so great for special diets. Grab yourself some proper fish and chips and a pint of Magners Irish Cider and enjoy.
1. 50’s Prime Time Cafe: Take a trip back in time to mom’s kitchen at this table service location. Found at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, this is the ultimate place to get food allergy friendly meals that you wouldn’t necessarily expect to get out safely. Gluten free, dairy free, soy free, egg free fried chicken is 50’s Prime Time’s claim to fame, and it can be yours with advance notice through the Disney World Special Diets Department. They even create the most amazing dairy free mashed potatoes. Chefs at this location really cater to guests with food allergies and continue to provide home cooking that is safe to eat out! Save room for dessert. Their food allergy friendly house made brownie is to die for. It’s perfect as the base for a sundae!
Do you have a favorite Disney restaurant for food allergies?
When Sarah isn’t sharing planning tips about the Walt Disney World Resort, you can find her at Gluten Free & Dairy Free at WDW where she writes dining reviews and shares tips and tricks about dining at Disney with a special diet.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News & More! Subscribe to our Daily Disney Newsletter and get the best in Disney News delivered to your inbox!
Latest posts by Sarah N (see all)
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party with a Special Diet - September 10, 2014
- Food Allergy & Celiac Convention Comes to Disney World on November 22, 2014 - September 10, 2014
- 2014 Epcot Food & Wine Festival Gluten Free Options - August 11, 2014