In the South land there’s a city with amazing food like this French Quarter Quiche! Just ask Tiana!
Eating healthy is easier than you think, and also fun! This quiche recipe inspired by Princess and the Frog is packed with lots of veggies and make a magical dinner option for everyone.
Created by Dole Sunshine as part of the Disney’s Ultimate Princess Celebration, this recipe is easy to make and 100% princess worthy! Give it a try by following the instructions here:
TIANA’S FRENCH QUARTER QUICHE
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large Dole sweet potato, peeled and grated (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 tbsp of natural buttery spread with olive oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp of kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup of chopped Dole red onion
- 1 cup loosely packed chopped Dole baby spinach
- 10 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup of oat milk
- 1 small Dole avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
Related – Order A Tiana Frappuccino At Starbucks!
- Preheat oven to 400F; liberally spray a 12 cup standard muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Toss potato, 1 tablespoon of buttery spread, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and black pepper in a large bowl. Makes about 3 cups.
- Press about 1/4 cup of potato mixture onto bottom and up sides of each cup. Bake cups 20 minutes or until golden brown; reduce oven temperature to 375F.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon buttery spread in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and onion; cook 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach; cook 1 minute until wilted, stirring occasionally. Transfer bell pepper mixture to a large bowl and let cool slightly.
- Whisk egg whites, milk and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt into bell pepper mixture; divide into cups.
- Bake quiches for 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160F; run knife around edges to loosen.
- Serve quiches topped with avocado.
Enjoy Tiana’s French Quarter Quiche while watching Princess and the Frog on Disney Plus!