Add some holiday cheer to your kitchen with these Mickey and Minnie Peppermint Swirl Cookies!
This adorable treat is perfect for this holiday season and a great way to spend some time with your family baking and having fun! All you have to do is follow this recipe from Disney Family:
MICKEY AND MINNIE PEPPERMINT SWIRL COOKIES
- Double batch of sugar cookie dough (made with an added tsp of peppermint extract, if desired)
- Food coloring (red and green)
- 1/2 tsp of peppermint extract (optional)
- Disposable food preparation gloves (for kneading food coloring into the dough)
- Wax paper
- Rolling pin
- Plastic wrap
- Kitchen knife
- Small round cookie or fondant cutter
- Baking sheet
- Wire cooling rack
- Green decorator’s icing and small red candies (for Minnie’s bow)
- Divide the cookie dough into four equal parts. Knead green food coloring into one part and red food coloring into another. Leave the remaining two plain.
- Individually wrap one of the plain portions and the red portion in plastic and keep them in the refrigerator for now.
- Working on a flour-dusted counter or sheet of wax paper, roll the green dough into a 9inch square. On another piece of wax paper, roll plain dough into the same size square. Lay the sheet of plain dough onto the green dough. Trim the edges of the square to straighten them, if needed. Then cut the double layer square into a 6×9 inch rectangle and a 3x9inch rectangle. Transfer the smaller rectangle to a separate piece of wax paper.
- Starting at one of the 9inch edges, snuggly roll the larger rectangle into a log. To get started, pull up the edge of wax paper and use it to fold the long edge of the dough over onto itself. When you reach the other side, gently press the edge of the dough against the roll to hold it. Wrap the roll tightly in plastic. Repeat this step with a smaller rectangle, again starting the roll at one of the 9inch edges. Chill both of the wrapped logs for 30 minutes or more to stiffen the dough.
- Repeat the rolling process with the red dough and plain dough.
- When you’re ready to make the cookies, unwrap the green swirled logs and cut them into 3/8 inch slices. Use the bigger slices for Mickey heads and the smaller ones for ears. To fit them together, cut out a small notch at the bottom of the small circles, using a small cookie or fondant cutter. Moisten the cut edges with a bit of water and fir the ears in place, gently pressing the dough together at the seam to help it stick. Repeat this step with red swirled logs.
- Use a spatula to transfer the assembled cookies to a baking sheet and then bake according to the recipe directions. Allow the Mickey and Minnie peppermint swirl cookies to cool briefly on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the finishing touch of your Mickey and Minnie peppermint swirl cookies, embellish each of the red-swirled Minnie cookies with a green frosting bow and candy holly berry.
Enjoy your Mickey and Minnie peppermint swirl cookies!
Credit: Disney Family
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!