These Mickey and Minnie Ufufy Cupcakes have a hidden surprise for you!
Add some extra magic to your cupcakes by adding a hidden Mickey and hidden Minnie bow that everyone will love to discover when having these super tasty treats.
Learn how you can make the Mickey and Minnie ufufy cupcakes by following this recipe from Disney Family:
MICKEY AND MINNIE UFUFY CUPCAKES
- 1 box of brownie mix and ingredients required
- Mickey cookie cutter (or Mickey template, cardstock and scissors)
- 1 box of red velvet cake mix and ingredients required
- Bow cookie cutter
- 1 box of vanilla cake mix and ingredients required
- Chocolate candy melts
- Piping bags and tips (#2 for clothes, face, bows, feet, and hands; #1 for polka dots)
- Pink pearl dust
- Small paintbrush
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups of confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp of meringue powder
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of warm water
- Red, peach, black, and yellow gel food coloring
- For Mickey shaped brownie center: Prepare the brownies according to the instructions. Pour batter into a pan and under bake the brownies by removing them 10 minutes early. Let completely cool, then cut out small Mickey shapes with a cookie cutter or the Mickey template (you can find it here).
- For the bow shaped red velvet center: Prepare cake mix according to the instructions. Pour batter into a shallow pan and under bake by removing it 10 minutes early. Let completely cool, then cut out bow shapes with a cookie cutter or by hand with a knife.
- For vanilla cupcakes: Prepare the cupcake mix according to the instructions. Pour into a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Fill about half full and place a Mickey shaped brownie on top, then cover with a bit more cake batter. Repeat using Minnie bows. Bake cupcakes per instructions.
- For the chocolate buttercream frosting: Sift cocoa powder into mixing bowl. Cream together the butter and cocoa powder until thoroughly combined. Then add the sugar and milk to cocoa/butter mixture by adding 1 cup of sugar, followed by 1 tbsp of milk. Turn the mixer onto high speed for about 1 minute. Repeat until all the sugar and milk is added. Add vanilla extract and combine well. If the buttercream frosting appears too dry, add a little more milk, 1 tbsp at a time until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Frost the cupcakes with the chocolate buttercream using an icing spatula, then place chocolate candy melts on top of the cupcakes for Mickey and Minnie’s ears.
- For royal icing: Add powdered sugar, meringue powder, vanilla extract, and water into the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Start mixing on low until incorporated and then beat on medium-high until stiff peaks form (around 5 minutes).
- Divide the icing into separate bowls and add the food coloring needed for each detail. Add to piping bags, snip off the ends, and add the designated tip. Then use the royal icing to pipe the shapes onto parchment paper (red for Minnie’s bow, yellow for their feet, and white for the hands). Let them dry for about an hour.
- While these pieces are drying, use the peach royal icing to pipe on their faces, and black to pipe on their eyes and noses. use red royal icing to pipe on Mickey and Minnie’s clothes. Add little polka dots onto the bottom of Minnie’s dress with white royal icing.
- When the small pieces of royal icing are dry, add little white polka dots to the bows. Then attach all of the pieces onto the characters with a bit of white royal icing.
- Add a little pink pearl dust onto the characters for cute blushing cheeks.
- To see the hidden Mickey and bow, carefully cut along the Mickey and Minnie ufufy cupcakes tops, lift, and reveal!
Enjoy your Mickey and Minnie ufufy cupcakes!
Credit: Disney Family